Discuss DIY Shelf grow light strips and dimming in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very new to electrical but I'm ready to learn. For my first project I'm looking to setup 2 shelf racks with four shelves each and about two feet long each. For my project I'm going to be lighting grow racks for plants, tissue cultures etc. I'm purchasing 2 rolls of dimmable 5630 cool whites, one dimmable 5630 red, and a blue.
here's my main question, i want to be able to dim each shelf separately, and the red separately from the blue , and same with the white. firstly for this project would it financially reasonable to be able to dim each color individually? how would i do that? is it possible to wire two inline dimmers to one led driver? I've heard of pwm dimming working on non dimming power supply , is that feasible? i don't really understand the other types of dimmers and how to wire them in yet. but if you have a suggestion of something definitely let me know. these two shelves are only the beginning i want to learn how to most efficiently power multiple areas with solid color leds. whether it be one large transformer (it doesn't look like they come with an outlet connection) or multiple small drivers I'd like to know the best way to come about this.
also with the 5630 led strips, if i don't mount on aluminum it will cause problems right

TL;DR
how to wire dimmers for plant grow lights (multiple solid color led strip)

Reply to DIY Shelf grow light strips and dimming in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock