Discuss do i need fused socket? economy 7 tariff in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

mgrandy38

DIY
Reaction score
Long story short im on economy 7 tariff but have 2 types of heaters in my house 1 convector fused socket, 3 storage heaters not fused sockets. So ive changed to tubular heaters (reduced from 2.5kw down to 270w) but the only one that seems to be running is the convector fused socket. Dang! does it get hot for 270w. My question is do these need to be RCD fused sockets in order for them not to be open line and not working. Or you think i was sent a few duds. I assumed that these were powered constant like the convector style.

My CU has 2 fuse boards
The heaters are both on the immersion fuse to my knowledge.

Might save me ripping them off the wall to try on that one socket that works or should i bite the bullet. If you need more information just let me know im new to this forum.

Never mind just heard the meter click 450am, 80a was lit and the rest came on. Jheeze half asleep wondering if i had done everything correctly. Turns out i did. Will still need RCD sockets tomorrow for safety but that issue is solved. These thing are amazing! so energy efficient in comparison.

heaters 270w

from

2500w storage heaters creda model no 79154C

Granted right now they only come on at this ungodly hour but ive just went from

6x2500w=15kw ÂŁ4.80 an hour just to get warm.

to

2x270w+3x180w=1.08kw ÂŁ0.36 an hour and instant heat.

Now all i need is electric company to combine mpan's and im all the way there. That or they can come fit me a new smart meter. Due to the location Im at these can be installed regardless of coverage but in a dumb state so im told. Im assuming its because of 4G requirement. Any ideas?

Anyway problem solved whoot! no more cold winters!

:D

Reply to do i need fused socket? economy 7 tariff in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net