Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Do you HAVE to fix Henley blocks to a wall? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Steve93

-
Trainee
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Is there a regulation as such for a Henley block to be fixed to the wall?

snowhead

-
Mentor
A clue might be if it has screw holes inside the block.
If the block had internal clamps to hold the cables secure as plugs and lampholders do, then it could be argued that fixing is not required, but they don't have them.

As per Telx, there won't be a specific reg for Henleys or other makes that achieve the same result, just a general rule.

Steve93

-
Trainee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A wall as oppose to? You thinking post mount?
No I mean someone I work with has just joined the tails and added a db in. But he hasn’t fixed the Henley blocks in the meter cupboard. There just hanging inside the box. I always fix them to the wood and make it neat. I was wondering if there’s a valuable reason why this is not acceptable.

134.1.1 Good workmanship.

JBW175

Arms
No I mean someone I work with has just joined the tails and added a db in. But he hasn’t fixed the Henley blocks in the meter cupboard. There just hanging inside the box. I always fix them to the wood and make it neat. I was wondering if there’s a valuable reason why this is not acceptable.
Not securing them is at the very least, dog rough work imo.

hasel5

-
Arms
In a word yes

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Is there a regulation as such for a Henley block to be fixed to the wall?
Connections should not be under undue strain, so the service connection block should be properly secured and the connected cables suitably restrained.

You should take account of the manufacturers instructions, which will undoubtedly tell you to fix the block using the screw holes.

Screwing the Henley in place also makes terminating the Cables much easier imo.
imo it’s rough to have it just flapping about in the wind.
but again it’s one of those things you will find quite often

Slap him and work with someone else

Reply to Do you HAVE to fix Henley blocks to a wall? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom