Discuss Do you need an inspection and testing certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wow you asked what I do, your right I don't do testing don't smoke do drink was a jib qualified electrician that stopped work to become his stepfathers full time carer when he got cancer,
It might be worth filling in your profile so that posters know a little of your background.

Nobody's having a go, but just start from the beginning and tell us the full story. Then you will be more likely to get a good answer. There are some top fellers on here, but give us a chance! Daz

I know what you mean he phoned me asking questions I have never been to the property I just wanted to know a few general answers but it seems more questions are being asked which makes sense different people do it different ways he has contacted an electrician near him can't come after Christmas etc said phone another one, well when I trained if you wanted to do inspection and testing it was 2391 even that has changed anyway thanks for some input

The first thing you need is a computer repair man. It looks like the full stop button on your keyboard is not working.
The comma seems to be only just working, so perhaps he should look at that too.;)

The simple answer, is that there is no legal requirement for a dwelling to have an inspection and test certificate for someone to live in it.
There is however a legal requirement to notify Building Control if certain electrical work is undertaken.
That does not mean people cannot live in the dwelling if notification has not been made.

Wow you asked what I do, your right I don't do testing don't smoke do drink was a jib qualified electrician that stopped work to become his stepfathers full time carer when he got cancer,

Don't take it personal, we get a lot of d.i.y er's /non qualified folk on the forum who attempt to goad information out of the experts by pretending they know more than they do. Some members get exasperated by it all. A qualified electrician working in the industry should be competent enough to carry out inspection and testing (for at least his/her own work done).

Spinlondon has just answered your initial question, hope this helps.

I'm sad to hear you have a family member with cancer :( and I know (from experience) caring for someone in that situation can be tough.

Reply to Do you need an inspection and testing certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net