Discuss Do you need cross bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Main bonding is to the supply pipes.
Equipotential bonding is between copper pipes at a bath etc.

So the answer is no.

Check the gas isn’t copper pipe inside a plastic coating. (Yellow)

Do you need cross bonding. Main gas and water incoming is plastic and all circuits are on RCBOs
You don't and sect 4 of BS7671 is clear on that. There is a problem as sect 701 covers bathroom and one of the 3 requirements for no cross bonding is that the exp cond such as pipes are
Main bonding is to the supply pipes.
Equipotential bonding is between copper pipes at a bath etc.

So the answer is no.

Check the gas isn’t copper pipe inside a plastic coating. (Yellow)
Ok I am learning so excuse my ignorance. It really confuses me because 701 re bathroom states bonding between extraneous parts and conductive parts can be omitted if extraneous parts such as pipes are bonded. If all services come in are plastic can this be ignored??? Section 4 does say no need to bond pipes that come into premises plastic.

It really confuses me because 701 re bathroom states bonding between extraneous parts and conductive parts can be omitted if extraneous parts such as pipes are bonded. If all services come in are plastic can this be ignored???
Short answer - yes.

If the pipework isn't extraneous where it enters the property (because of plastic incoming), then it's unlikely to become extraneous within the property. So the pipes in the bathroom are not extraneous parts.

Short answer - yes.

If the pipework isn't extraneous where it enters the property (because of plastic incoming), then it's unlikely to become extraneous within the property. So the pipes in the bathroom are not extraneous parts.
Working in an industrial building the other day…all MBPC in place but not correct sizes, been like it for years
New REC supply upgrade… the water incomer is plastic so no MBPC…
The gas supply is plastic externally then from there is metallic pipework entering the building no MBPC required…

Short answer - yes.

Working in an industrial building the other day…all MBPC in place but not correct sizes, been like it for years
New REC supply upgrade… the water incomer is plastic so no MBPC…
The gas supply is plastic externally then from there is metallic pipework entering the building no MBPC
Is there anyway of knowing for sure that Gas pipe is non metallic. Someone is a previous post was saying can be plastic on outside.

Just have to find where the gas pipe terminates into a meter or a valve or something.
You will see if the plastic is cut off to the copper, or it won’t if it’s plastic fittings.

It might even say on the pipe itself.

Personal experience, I don’t think I’ve seen just plastic pipe going into a property, even large factories. Has always been plastic coated copper, or bare metal. (Copper or otherwise)
Someone will no doubt correct me, but I think wholly plastic is reserved for gas mains network

Just have to find where the gas pipe terminates into a meter or a valve or something.
You will see if the plastic is cut off to the copper, or it won’t if it’s plastic fittings.

It might even say on the pipe itself.

Personal experience, I don’t think I’ve seen just plastic pipe going into a property, even large factories. Has always been plastic coated copper, or bare metal. (Copper or otherwise)
Someone will no doubt correct me, but I think wholly plastic is reserved for gas mains network
Yes just checked. It's yellow coloured 25mm plastic to a cut off valve. The valve is metallic.only after valve everything appears metallic ie copper. They don't make it easy.

Reply to Do you need cross bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net