Discuss Does bathroom light circuit required to be a dedicated circuit? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

benhurr

DIY
Reaction score
Does bathroom light circuit required to have dedicated circuit or is it ok to be wired to other light circuits?
I am getting quotes for electricians and what to make sure they are doing the right thing. From my past experience most of a cheaper trades persons would cut a lot of corners and it result in further fixing etc.

If your bathroom lighting circuit dose not have rcd protection an electrician may wish to install a separate bathroom lighting circuit and protect it with protection via an rcbo. Another way is to install an rcd spur for a bathroom lighting circuit but this is still on the general lighting circuit.

If your bathroom lighting circuit dose not have rcd protection an electrician may wish to install a separate bathroom lighting circuit and protect it with protection via an rcbo. Another way is to install an rcd spur for a bathroom lighting circuit but this is still on the general lighting circuit.
thanks, the bathroom is relocated so now there is just a general light circuit which is connected to CU with RCDs . So technically it has RCD protected supply and it is separate from RCD which will be connected to sockets. Will this still require additional RCD?

There is no requirement for a seperate bathroom lighting circuit specifically. However the electrician doing the work may decide to put it on a seperate circuit for any number of reasons.

Reply to Does bathroom light circuit required to be a dedicated circuit? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net