Discuss Domestic cu change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nc12345

Hi Guys

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm unable to find the answer I need. I was to believe ammendmant 3 regarding metal consumer units kicks in on the 1st of July, I have a board change lined up in July and someone told me today that they have extended this date until December to clear old stock ?
Can anyone clarify this ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm unable to find the answer I need. I was to believe ammendmant 3 regarding metal consumer units kicks in on the 1st of July, I have a board change lined up in July and someone told me today that they have extended this date until December to clear old stock ?
Can anyone clarify this ?

Thanks in advance

As Andy has said and you will find it in the BYB under 421.1.201

Within domestic (household) premises, consumer units and similar switchgear assemblies shall comply with BS EN 61439-3 and shall:
I. Have their enclosures manufactured from non-combustible material, or
II. Be enclosed in a cabinet or enclosure constructed of non-combustible material and complying with Regulation 132.12.
Note 1: Ferrous metal e.g. steel is deemed to be an example of a non-combustible material.
Note 2:the implementation date for this regulation is the 1st January 2016. This does not preclude compliance with this regulation prior to this date.

To those of you using NIC hand written domestic install certs do you continue using DCP5 forms or DCP6 :wink5:

Or ask NIC tech on there premium rate number and listen to the recording from the nice person saying (I'm going to keep you listening to me for a long time, giving you lots of options, and telling you loads of things you have absolutely no interest in. And I'm doing it because on premium rate it will cost you an absolute fortune. Thank you and have a nice day)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Domestic cu change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net