Discuss domestic installer assessment questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kung

Hi all
i need a bit of help :confused:
i want to pass the niceic assessment but have a few questions if anyone can help.
1) with the design cryteria i need to do for building controll and niceic assessor i take it this is my design eg sheets of say a4 paper with drawings of my install and taking info ie calcs back of onsite guide also if its a new consumer unit how does this work ? please advise.
2) with docs whats the best way to go about H & S policy ?
3) with the copy of approved doc p i have the copy thats got coming into effect 1 jan 2005 although it refers to bs7671 2001 ! is this ok ? can i just ammend the ref to bs7671 2008 ? as i cant find an updated copy and dont know if they do one.
4) with the memorandum of guidance on E.A.W regs do i also need the E.A.W safe working practices ?
5) my kewtech kt61 has an insulation resistance test voltage of 500v fixed so cant do selv how do i get around this ?
have worked for reading borough council on rewires and cu upgrades and testing is ok.
i have
quals
tools
test gear
all safe isolation equip
bs7671 2008
2008 onsite guide
will sort complaints procedure, insurance and mem of guideance E.A.W. and H & S policy. & the 2 jobs to show.
anything else i need ?
regards
Tony
Reading
Berkshire.
[email protected]

any info will be a great help.
and what to expect eg questions i may get asked ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) with the design cryteria i need to do for building controll and niceic assessor i take it this is my design eg sheets of say a4 paper with drawings of my install and taking info ie calcs back of onsite guide also if its a new consumer unit how does this work ? please advise............overkill if you ask me!

2) with docs whats the best way to go about H & S policy ?.....http://niceic.org.uk/inc/file-get.asp?FILE=hsepolicy.pdf&RURL=/en/contractor/section.asp||20
(print it, sign it, keep it.)

3) with the copy of approved doc p i have the copy thats got coming into effect 1 jan 2005 although it refers to bs7671 2001 ! is this ok ? can i just ammend the ref to bs7671 2008 ? as i cant find an updated copy and dont know if they do one...........
call your local LABC & ask!

4) with the memorandum of guidance on E.A.W regs..............the NICEIC should have sent this book to you already in your joining pack!
do i also need the E.A.W safe working practices ?.....................No,
you should already know how to work safely...........if you don't.............http://niceic.org.uk/inc/file-get.asp?FILE=BPG2_March07(sec).pdf&RURL=/en/contractor/section.asp||20

my kewtech kt61 has an insulation resistance test voltage of 500v fixed so cant do selv how do i get around this ?
have worked for reading borough council on rewires and cu upgrades and testing is ok.................buy a new tester!

Basically the assesor want's to see two examples of work (rewire, partial rewire, consumer unit change) & your completed certificates, also H&S policy, public liability insurance, tester calibration certificate, and most important of all.....he wants see if you know what your doing.......Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) with the design cryteria i need to do for building controll and niceic assessor i take it this is my design eg sheets of say a4 paper with drawings of my install and taking info ie calcs back of onsite guide also if its a new consumer unit how does this work ? please advise............overkill if you ask me!

2) with docs whats the best way to go about H & S policy ?.....http://niceic.org.uk/inc/file-get.asp?FILE=hsepolicy.pdf&RURL=/en/contractor/section.asp||20
(print it, sign it, keep it.)

3) with the copy of approved doc p i have the copy thats got coming into effect 1 jan 2005 although it refers to bs7671 2001 ! is this ok ? can i just ammend the ref to bs7671 2008 ? as i cant find an updated copy and dont know if they do one...........
call your local LABC & ask!

4) with the memorandum of guidance on E.A.W regs..............the NICEIC should have sent this book to you already in your joining pack!
do i also need the E.A.W safe working practices ?.....................No,
you should already know how to work safely...........if you don't.............http://niceic.org.uk/inc/file-get.asp?FILE=BPG2_March07(sec).pdf&RURL=/en/contractor/section.asp||20

my kewtech kt61 has an insulation resistance test voltage of 500v fixed so cant do selv how do i get around this ?
have worked for reading borough council on rewires and cu upgrades and testing is ok.................buy a new tester!

Basically the assesor want's to see two examples of work (rewire, partial rewire, consumer unit change) & your completed certificates, also H&S policy, public liability insurance, tester calibration certificate, and most important of all.....he wants see if you know what your doing.......Good luck.

Thanks sparks !
havent joined niceic or elecsa yet just checking before assessment booking so will prob need to buy a MEM EAW also with a new tester cant really afford one just yet just need to know if mine will be ok for the assessment visit then if so and soon as i pass the assessment i can buy a new tester.
thanks for your reply and time.
regards
tony.

Hi Tony.

Give NICEIC or Elecsa a call before your assesment to make sure they will accept your testing eqiupment before shelling out your money.

hello there im also goin for my niceic domestic installer i need to knw on my minor work do need to fill in a scedule of test results and scedule of inspections like on the IET sheets if so iv only got tick the boxes reavent to the minor works iv carried out??? and everythin else tht was already there put N/A

regards iceman

hello there im also goin for my niceic domestic installer i need to knw on my minor work do need to fill in a scedule of test results and scedule of inspections like on the IET sheets if so iv only got tick the boxes reavent to the minor works iv carried out??? and everythin else tht was already there put N/A

regards iceman

Hi Iceman good luck with your assessment no you dont need anything else just the minor works cert !
let me know how it goes.
regards
Tony
[email protected]

Reply to domestic installer assessment questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock