Currently reading:
Drilled through wire sheath, advice to make safe until after Xmas

Discuss Drilled through wire sheath, advice to make safe until after Xmas in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

very silly in my opinion to power back up a circuit that not only has exposed live conductors endangering family and friends, but could be a broken ring final circuit on a 30a fuse or 32a mcb now with a weakend cross sectional area of the conductors and considering this is in a kitchen with some potential high loads, this is a serious fire risk.

take the above advice of the professionals and turn it back off, leave it off and get in an electrician when you can.

very silly in my opinion to power back up a circuit that not only has exposed live conductors endangering family and friends, but could be a broken ring final circuit on a 30a fuse or 32a mcb now with a weakend cross sectional area of the conductors and considering this is in a kitchen with some potential high loads, this is a serious fire risk.

take the above advice of the professionals and turn it back off, leave it off and get in an electrician when you can.

If the OP replied to my post #13 we might be able to help him out. Poor bloke....

1: Run an extension lead from another socket circuit in your house to power the fridge

2: IF!!! your oven is attached with a 13 amp plug do the same as above but not via an extension lead with anything else plugged in

3: Get an electrician in

I hope i am wrong,but...somewhere,at a B&Q self-service till,a stressed out DIYer,is sheepishly scanning 2 rolls of PVC tape,a small bag of one-coat,and some white emulsion paint ;)

Reply to Drilled through wire sheath, advice to make safe until after Xmas in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back