Discuss EAL Domestic Electrical Installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

ktech

Hi,
I want to ultimately be qualified to complete work in commercial premises but quite happy to start with domestic. Already self employed and 35 I can't afford the time to do lengthy courses and not that impressed with a lot of the 2330 / NVQ Level 3 fast track courses on offer. I have a background of fitting alarm systems and doing general domestic work some years ago before the stricter requirements came in.

I came across the EAL route and wondered if someone could confirm my understanding:
1. If I do 'EAL Domestic Electrical Installers Course' then join a recognised body I am to do general domestic work and self certify when doing work in 'special areas', kitchens and bathrooms etc.. However I can't do any commercial work.
2. To be able to undertake work in commercial premises I need to also do 17th Edition and Test and Inspection. Then I can work in commercial premises?

One last query - Even after doing the EAL, 17th and T&I my understanding is that I would still not be a qualified electrician, for that I need the full NVQ Level 3. Can someone explain or give me examples of what type of domestic / commercial work I would not be able to do?

My current plan is to do the EAL, 17th and I&T so I can start earning and then do build up to the NVQ Level 3 whilst working - good plan?

Thanks for any advice given.

Go the route many on here are doing...2330 one day/evening a week it is in no way a fast track course and will teach you anything you need to know

Go the route many on here are doing...2330 one day/evening a week it is in no way a fast track course and will teach you anything you need to know

Hi, I do intend on going the full 2330 route. However the EAL does give the ability of been able to start work, earn and keep living whilst heading for that goal. I just want to clarify my original understanding so I'm correct knowing what I will and will not be able to do with the EAL, 17th and T&I.

Reply to EAL Domestic Electrical Installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock