Discuss Earth clamp for TN-S lead sheath supply cable in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

mossep

-
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know where you can purchase the earth clamps that the DNO use on their lead supply cables? I used to have a few but cant find them anymore and Im not sure of the correct name for them.

Cheers

Martin

Does anyone know where you can purchase the earth clamps that the DNO use on their lead supply cables? I used to have a few but cant find them anymore and Im not sure of the correct name for them.
they are called earth clamps .

Last edited:
No, Im doing a rewire and the previous install has a BS951 on it. Do you know where to get them?
Around here, WPD territory, to remove that, is a hole in the road, a live cut, then they remove the clamp and check the cable, if all is well, they sort the interior bit, then live joint in the street outside, that’s how seriously they take the danger from 951’s on PILC.

I have put in place a company policy not to interfere with under any circumstance. You do not want to be in the vicinity of a lead sheath cable rupturing under fault conditions due to a compression clamp.
I’d like to see it happen though. Of course from a great distance or preferably on video.

Reply to Earth clamp for TN-S lead sheath supply cable in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock