Discuss Earth fault loop impedance, initial verification, multiple DB in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello.
Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in (still trying to work out where the trainee section is).

Just been doing some practice fault-finding online.
Found this scenario:

After doing initial verification on an outbuilding with its own DB, which is supplied from the main DB in another building, the EFLI on a DB in another building also supplied from the main DB is poor as a result of the I.V.

I’ve been scratching my head trying to suss out a cause.
The only one I can come up with is when EFLI was tested during I.V, the main earthing conductor would have to be disconnected to do the test, and then reconnected afterward. The connection wasn’t tightened, resulting in high resistance, yes?

Thanks in advance
And btw, any help in how/where to join the trainee section?
:)
Gary

Dont see how a poor loop reading can be the result of an initial verification per se. whatever is causing a high loop reading could be anything from, ccc too small, high resistance (loose) connections, suppliers earthing system at fault maybe, earth rod problems, ect ect. The question does not give enough information imo

Hello.
Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in (still trying to work out where the trainee section is).

Just been doing some practice fault-finding online.
Found this scenario:

After doing initial verification on an outbuilding with its own DB, which is supplied from the main DB in another building, the EFLI on a DB in another building also supplied from the main DB is poor as a result of the I.V.

I’ve been scratching my head trying to suss out a cause.
The only one I can come up with is when EFLI was tested during I.V, the main earthing conductor would have to be disconnected to do the test, and then reconnected afterward. The connection wasn’t tightened, resulting in high resistance, yes?

Thanks in advance
And btw, any help in how/where to join the trainee section?
:)
Gary
Click on the ‘forums’heading at the top of the page , scroll down the page and they will be an option to join the trainee section.
You just need to fill out a few details etc :)

Thanks Ian :)
As to my scenario, I misread it in my usual fashion!
The I.V was on the entire installation, not on just one sub DB.
So it’s most likely damaged cable,or too small.
Example didn’t give readings, just said what would be the likely cause.
Thanks for the comments :)

Reply to Earth fault loop impedance, initial verification, multiple DB in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock