• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.
  • Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Earth wire loose under sink - advice in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hopefully a very quick question. Whilst looking under my sink this morning I noticed the Earth wire between the hot and cold pipes is no longer connected. I can't recall if it ever has been but I'm assuming this has come loose and I should reconnect it? If I do connect it should I take any precautions, i.e. flip the fuse off? Thanks in advance.

20190911_075901.jpg

telectrix

-
Arms Access
that cable (or a similar one, can't see from pic.) should connect to the cold water pipe. as close to the stop tap as practicable. generally no requirement to connect to hot.

SparkyChick

Staff member
TA
Arms Access
Esteemed Member
Looking at it, it appears to have just come out of the clamp (with the red tag visible in the photo). You should be able to reconnect it quite easily if you've got a flat bladed screw driver.

telectrix

-
Arms Access
if you bend that red label up, you'll see where it was connected. you can just see the edge of the cable clamp below the middle of the label. cable does not connect to the visible screw, that's the clamp screw.

Are there enough independent certification companies?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trending Threads

Top Bottom