Discuss ECS application says grade is unsupported eventhough I have my certs? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm trying to apply for an Electrical Labourer's card using my Level 3 2365 Electrical Installations (Buildings & Structures) certificate from City and Gills. I have passed the ECS health safety and environment assessment, but MyECS is still saying I am under-qualified for this grade.
Am I missing something?
It says maybe I am missing Electrical Labourer confirmation (no idea what that is).
It also says maybe I need to upload more health and safety qualifications, but surely the ECS h,s & e assessment was sufficient?
I do have the option to 'apply for grade anyway.'
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.

Hi.
I'm trying to apply for an Electrical Labourer's card using my Level 3 2365 Electrical Installations (Buildings & Structures) certificate from City and Gills. I have passed the ECS health safety and environment assessment, but MyECS is still saying I am under-qualified for this grade.
Am I missing something?
It says maybe I am missing Electrical Labourer confirmation (no idea what that is).
It also says maybe I need to upload more health and safety qualifications, but surely the ECS h,s & e assessment was sufficient?
I do have the option to 'apply for grade anyway.'
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.

I have just had a re read of your post and a look on ECS site. You meet the criteria for labourer obviously but the reason they are asking is because if you had a sponsoring employer and we're on track for NVQ3 and AM2, then you meet the criteria for Stage 3 Trainee Electrician. Electrical improver does not exist anymore I see. ECS H&S test is automatically updated from your dob and NI number so they will know you have it. Click on "Apply for grade" anyway and then get your NVQ and AM2 lined up mate.

I have just had a re read of your post and a look on ECS site. You meet the criteria for labourer obviously but the reason they are asking is because if you had a sponsoring employer and we're on track for NVQ3 and AM2, then you meet the criteria for Stage 3 Trainee Electrician. Electrical improver does not exist anymore I see. ECS H&S test is automatically updated from your dob and NI number so they will know you have it. Click on "Apply for grade" anyway and then get your NVQ and AM2 lined up mate.
Cheers mate. Very helpful.
[automerge]1572295239[/automerge]
Thanks all for the responses. Very helpful

Labourer is open to either those with underpinning theory (C&G 2365 for example) and ECS HSE assessment, or course for health and safety option. Sounds like might have been registered previously on apprenticeship or something. You should not need employer endorsement as tech certs show you are working / training in industry

Reply to ECS application says grade is unsupported eventhough I have my certs? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net