Discuss EICR on non logo forms? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

peterhyper

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I get that you don't need to be part P regeistered to do an EICR, but has anyone ever had their EICRs questioned because they aren't completed on Elecsa/Niceic logo forms (I am referring to those part P only not full scope schemes that don't allow use of their logo on EICRs)?

I only have DI approval from NICEIC due to doing mainly house bashing, and have no need to pay extra for AC status.
Nobody has questioned me before over the lack of logo, they are more interested in being able to understand the report and having no dangerous issues flagged up as they dont want to spend money!
A eicr is only as good as the person writing it, and the effort put in. but most people care simply about the price they pay not the lack of logo

You shouldn't use logoed forms if you don't belong to any of the CPSchemes

You shouldn't use logoed forms if you don't belong to any of the CPSchemes

I belong to a scheme that doesn't allow me to use their logo for EICRs, so I don't use their logo where I shouldn't because that's the type of guy I am.

My question was whether those people in my position who use either their own forms or the green EICRs pads anyone can buy, has been questioned by their customers because the EICR isn't completed on a scheme form?

Can you say who you are doing them for as some councils can be specific and an insurance company may stipulate this.

I belong to a scheme that doesn't allow me to use their logo for EICRs, so I don't use their logo where I shouldn't because that's the type of guy I am.

My question was whether those people in my position who use either their own forms or the green EICRs pads anyone can buy, has been questioned by their customers because the EICR isn't completed on a scheme form?
Why wont the scheme you belong to allow you to use their forms? seems rather odd.

Housing associations can be quite pedantic on this however, we do lots and do not use our schemes logo but they are aware we have full membership.

I use Excel versions of the model forms from the regs. (and also for certificates), since I don't see why I should be paying for these. People rarely even notice the format, they are more interested in getting a satisfactory outcome.

They want to know as any insurance backing and complaint procedure from NICEIC would not be applicable if you are not registered with them for EICRS. It is the same with STROMA. Irrespective is what is on the form, if it goes ---- up NICEIC will just refuse to get involved in mediating a dispute.

I have a LABC refuse to accept my EICR because it wasn’t on a logoed form.
They said at first that it had to be NICEIC, then changed to anyone in a Part P scheme (despite Part P not applying to EICRs), in the end they accepted an NICEIC Visual.

They said at first that it had to be NICEIC, then changed to anyone in a Part P scheme (despite Part P not applying to EICRs), in the end they accepted an NICEIC Visual.
Please tell me what an EICR has to do with Part P?

Local Building control perhaps, but our local punter and small business owner probably wouldn't even blink at a missing logo.
What they want is a reassurance from a competent electrician that the installation is safe and within regulations. That they get a certificate to keep and to prove that fact is an unexpected bonus to most.

If you need to use forms without logo's then do so. I do and not had a question posed yet, *Cough* in my few months back in the trade.
I guess those of you in the Commercial and Industrial sector may meet Mr Analyretentive more often. ;)

I've had to carry out one ''logoed" EICR for a house as a condition of the mortgage approval. The lad at first got his mate to do one on the IET forms but the lender would not accept it. TBH this other report was carp anyway, but that's by the by...

Rightly or wrongly, (or naively) being part of a scam represents an assured level of competence in the eyes of various organizations such as councils, insurance, lenders etc.

Reply to EICR on non logo forms? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net