Discuss elecsa v niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Never spoken to anyone that was at least polite at the Niceic. Except Tony Cable :29:

i'm currently registered with elecsa under the part p scheme
i'm fully qualified,c&g electricians cert in '94,jib approved,17th ed,nvq3 (no 2391 though) blah blah
what's the best body between the two to be 'down' with
taking into account cost,support etc
what do you need to do to be an approved contractor (nic)rather than a domestic installer(nic) because you see all manner of people displaying a dom installer logo.
i'm fed up of having to explain to callers that elecsa is the same thing as niceic.
some people even ask for discounts because i'm not niceic!!!!

In reply to your original quote, i was with elecsa when part P started then switched to NIC D/I and now have recently upgraded to the NIC A/C scheme
, (which given your qualifications would not be a problem for you), i think that if you are a Professional electrician that can undertake all fields of installation work and wishes to grow his business then you should really be registered with an approved contractor scheme like NIC/Napit or ECA, as like you say every vans got an elecsa or NIC DI badge on it nowadays be they plumbers, kitchen fitters or whatever, it doesnt mean alot really.
The cost is not much more when you think about it and you wont get refused for any tenders/PIR's etc either. from a business point of view this would pay for itself every year im sure, and for me is a no-brainer!
Around 3 days after i done my A/C assessment i got a call from a builder asking me to quote for re-wiring 7x toilets and 2x kitchen areas in a local school that he was refurbing, if i hadnt upgraded from DI they would not of allowed me the job and since then i have won the PAT testing at a good price too!

But if your happy doing housebashing forever then go with elecsa!!

In reply to your original quote, i was with elecsa when part P started then switched to NIC D/I and now have recently upgraded to the NIC A/C scheme
, (which given your qualifications would not be a problem for you), i think that if you are a Professional electrician that can undertake all fields of installation work and wishes to grow his business then you should really be registered with an approved contractor scheme like NIC/Napit or ECA, as like you say every vans got an elecsa or NIC DI badge on it nowadays be they plumbers, kitchen fitters or whatever, it doesnt mean alot really.
The cost is not much more when you think about it and you wont get refused for any tenders/PIR's etc either. from a business point of view this would pay for itself every year im sure, and for me is a no-brainer!
Around 3 days after i done my A/C assessment i got a call from a builder asking me to quote for re-wiring 7x toilets and 2x kitchen areas in a local school that he was refurbing, if i hadnt upgraded from DI they would not of allowed me the job and since then i have won the PAT testing at a good price too!

But if your happy doing housebashing forever then go with elecsa!!

Been with NAPIT 4 years and work in Police Custody suites, pubs, restaurants, offices, oh and the odd house !

Reply to elecsa v niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock