Discuss "Electrical leak trace resistance" and "Anti-squelch interference capacitor" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jaderoad

Hello,

I am a translator translating a standards document from Chinese.

There are electricity-related sections in this document which contain a couple of terms for which I have not found an adequate translation.

These two terms translate literally as "electrical leak trace resistance" and "anti-squelch interference capacitor"/"anti-suppression interference capacitor".

Examples of phrases in which these terms occur are:

"Fire, heat and electrical leak trace resistance";

"Machines that can continuously output above 15W power for more than 5 seconds and that use anti-squelch interference capacitors between wire and ground must have measures adopted to prevent anti-squelch interference capacitors from catching fire"

If there is anyone who can see what these phrases refer to in actual English, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Hello,

There are electricity-related sections in this document which contain a couple of terms for which I have not found an adequate translation.

These two terms translate literally as "electrical leak trace resistance" and "anti-squelch interference capacitor"/"anti-suppression interference capacitor".

"Fire, heat and electrical leak trace resistance";

"Machines that can continuously output above 15W power for more than 5 seconds and that use anti-squelch interference capacitors between wire and ground must have measures adopted to prevent anti-squelch interference capacitors from catching fire"

If there is anyone who can see what these phrases refer to in actual English, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Chinese version of the Doc Browns Flux Capacitor,

Sorry haven't a clue what it means

Has this been bought direct from china or through a UK distributer...

If the former then good luck...it probably won't comply to EU regs anyway.
If the latter then they are required to supply you with a comprehensible translation of the user and installation guides so discuss with them unless you have a chinese mate who could give possible alternative meanings.

Hello,

These two terms translate literally as "electrical leak trace resistance" I think this might be better stated as 'Insulation Resistance. but it would be better if you can give the entire sentence or few sentences.

and "anti-squelch interference capacitor"/"anti-suppression interference capacitor". Squelch is a term often used with radios to describe the level of underlying noise in a signal that's caused by the carrier. Again it would be better if you can give the entire sentence or paragraph.

"Fire, heat and electrical leak trace resistance"; Might be referring to 'earth leakage' or 'insulation resistance'

"Machines that can continuously output above 15W power for more than 5 seconds and that use between wire and ground must have measures adopted to prevent anti-squelch interference capacitors from catching fire" Could be referring to surge protection or power factor correction maybe.

Thanks!

Please see red additions.

agree there tony. RFI capacitor. was common on TV's of the 70's for the cap to short out and explode, as it was connected directly across L-N,

Yes I think "anti-squelch interference capacitor"/"anti-suppression interference capacitor" should read "radio interference suppression capacitor" or "power line filter capacitor". The term "squelch" is not relevant and has probably come from faulty machine translation.

The other term is much less clear and I agree that we need more info before making a decision.

In telecommunications, squelch is a circuit function that acts to suppress the audio (or video) output of a receiver in the absence of a sufficiently strong desired input signal. Squelch is widely used in two-way radios to suppress the annoying sound of channel noise when the radio is not receiving a transmission.

hands up nicked straight from wiki

In telecommunications, squelch is a circuit function that acts to suppress the audio (or video) output of a receiver in the absence of a sufficiently strong desired input signal. Squelch is widely used in two-way radios to suppress the annoying sound of channel noise when the radio is not receiving a transmission.

hands up nicked straight from wiki
I thought I got it with me wellies on....:yes:

Sorry I can't help whatsoever. But this post made me think of this on the side of our fridge:

IMG_20150423_233735.jpg

Bloody technology...

Thanks very much for all the sensible and humorous suggestions. On a language forum, "comparative tracking index" was suggested for "electrical leak trace resistance" but I'll still flag them both to the client.

You'd get better help if you can paste the whole text instead of just the one or two lines and also the section heading etc. Context is everything when it comes to accurate translation.

Reply to "Electrical leak trace resistance" and "Anti-squelch interference capacitor" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock