Discuss Electrical Motor MCC Upgrade - Design Queries in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

NiallCampbell

Good afternoon folks,

I'm a first time poster - I've come here with a multitude of questions so you'll have to forgive me! I'm a fairly young engineer with limited design experience and I have been presented with a problem that I'm not sure how to solve. It annoys/embarasses me that I can't work this out for myself - I should know it! But as I say with limited design/selection experience I'm needing some advice.

Hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

In summary: I need to upgrade from an old 415V, 50Hz, 7.5kW motor to a 15kW motor to drive a large radiator cooling fan. I want to ensure that the existing cubicle fuses/isolators/cables etc are AOK. And if not, I want to be able to correctly identify and select the necessary equipment. I have searched high and low online and through all my text books and just can't find a practical example to follow through so I've turned to this forum.

I would therefore greatly appreciate some guidance in the form of a step by step process i.e. what order I should be doing things and what not. Finally, this has highlighted a gap in my knowledge and I've spotted the 'Training Courses' part of the forum and will be looking to get myself on a relevant design course asap!

I tried to attach a table with all the necessary nameplate ratings etc on it but I have been denied due to a number of posts (6 required I belive) so once I've made a few more I'll update this post with the table so you have some more information to go on.

Many thanks for any information in advance.

Kind regards.

P.S. if anyone DOES have a link to a good website where it's all explained I'd love to hear about it. Same goes for any relevant training courses you may know of.

Cheers!

Reply to Electrical Motor MCC Upgrade - Design Queries in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net