Discuss Electrical Re wire 3 bed semi in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hello my concern is how they have been drilled close to edges and straight up for lighting cables instead of through the middle really
There are times when you just can’t stick ridgedly to guidelines. For example if access is restricted or the joists are really close together.
ive been known to do this also.

floorboards have to come up and they can Take some effort to get up if they are nailed down And they are tongue and grove. this will always cause damage to the floor. It’s inevitable.

cielings sometimes have to come down as it’s less difficult working under than over. I nearly always take chunks out of ceiling to run cables if it’s a bathroom above.

you mentioned leaving a mess. Well rewires are a messy business, that is inevitable.

to give us a better understanding of any electrical issues photos would help.

if it's an oldish house ( before 1970's) doubt if the joists will have been weakened. they used to use decent timbers back in the day. most jost damage i've seen has been caused by wet pants chopping huge notches for his pipes to leak into. likewise floorboards that appear to have been lifted using an axe.

I think without actually seeing the evidence of your concerns it is very dificult to make any kind of judgement, I and a few others have mentioned photos, what was agreed in the quote etc., which you haven't really addressed in your replies. It is not uncommon to drill holes of that size through joints for the reasons already stated by others, I appreciate that you are questioning how they have been drilled. However we can't knock the company concerned without further information and what you and they had agreed prior to the installation. I totally understand that it can be a stressful time for all concerned and there does need to be some solution to come to a closure that is positive for you.

I think you need to go down the complaints channel and provide a written statement accomanied with photographic evidence in raising your concerns

Reply to Electrical Re wire 3 bed semi in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net