Discuss Electrician didn't install CT clamp, what can I do? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,
In July I had a PodPoint Solo installed at my house. It was a secondhand unit from my father in law.
I've just recently realised it's only be charging at 2kW and not at 7kW. I think this is because the CT clamp is not installed, is that right?
Electrician hasn't installed a SWA cable with a CAT5 cable.
I think the onus should be on him to follow the manual and use the correct 7-2-2C cable, he's arguing it's my issue and I should have requested energy monitoring (I wasn't aware it was a thing at the time!).
Any advice?

Lack of communication at the start of the job, I’m afraid.

He should have explained the options that could be used regarding energy monitoring… making it a Smart charge point rather than an expensive Dumb charge point.

You shouldn’t be expected to know all that.

Maybe just cut your losses and ask another electrician to make it right.
If they can’t now run an additional cat5, then maybe it’s possible with Wi-Fi?

Reply to Electrician didn't install CT clamp, what can I do? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
V.early days, just had installed solar. No battery, also supply of some parts difficult at the moment so no App or Online monitoring. I have a...
Replies
Views
I've been working as a domestic electrician for 6+ years now alongside two NICEIC approved contractors and I hold my 1/2/3 City & Guilds NVQ, 18th...
Replies
Views
Hi all, total newbie to the forum. I sincerely hope that those in the know-how would be able to assist me. On my semi-detached house we have an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock