Discuss Electrifix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I went in to screwfix where I already had an account and then showed em my 17th Regs, 2392 certs, they made a phonecall and thats it, was in straight away, now got it online as well, not to bad.

Whilst waiting the other day I noticed a sign saying that to join plumbfix they will accept "you have your own website" !

Best thing about it is you can use the trade side, sales people seem more knowledgeable and you don't have to wait behind mr. twit asking what tool he needs to drive a screw into a hole...

Just told them over the phone about my C&G stuff and was straight in. Too easy really.

Not the cheapest by a long shot as pointed out. Also their stock levels are pretty pants. I'm led to believe that they're owned by the same group that runs the big orange shed which explains a lot.

I would rather give my money to local wholesalers.

Seems an awful lot of bother to get a small discount. Also what about non part p electricians that don't do houses etc. seems like quite a small minded move tbh. I understand that it may stop the DIYer however gotta tempt them away from B&Q first

Would they seriously turn me away if I turned up wanting a few grands worth of stuff jut because I dint bring my certs in with me?

Neweys get most of my money

Absolutely amazing!!! So being a member of a scam scheme provider is deemed to be a qualified electrician?? All of which are chock-a-block full of electrical trainee wonders and now 17 day wonders!! lol!!

And your even sending off your qualifications to this company to be approved, ...now how sad is That!!!

Still think that Joe Public owes electricians a living i see, well they don't!! And you'll ALL rue the day that electrical materials become a closed shop. Because from that moment on, material costs will escalate to a point where Joe Public will just stop employing electricians and will either bodge, fix or make do with what they have....

Start using a bit of common sense for a change and see that Joe Public are a big slice of your bread and butter, they come to you when they cock-up, or find they are out of there depth. And some do a dammed sight better job of there home electrics, than those that only think they are electricians...

You can thank your lucky stars, that the sheds and other successful electrical outlets will never allow you to interfere with there profits!!

Absolutely amazing!!! So being a member of a scam scheme provider is deemed to be a qualified electrician?? All of which are chock-a-block full of electrical trainee wonders and now 17 day wonders!! lol!!

And your even sending off your qualifications to this company to be approved, ...now how sad is That!!!

Still think that Joe Public owes electricians a living i see, well they don't!! And you'll ALL rue the day that electrical materials become a closed shop. Because from that moment on, material costs will escalate to a point where Joe Public will just stop employing electricians and will either bodge, fix or make do with what they have....

Start using a bit of common sense for a change and see that Joe Public are a big slice of your bread and butter, they come to you when they cock-up, or find they are out of there depth. And some do a dammed sight better job of there home electrics, than those that only think they are electricians...

You can thank your lucky stars, that the sheds and other successful electrical outlets will never allow you to interfere with there profits!!

You can just write any quals you can dream up in an email to Electricfix/Screwfix and you're in!
No proof needed. It's all just a bit of a farse really!

Ok, it's not scam membership that counts, that's just one way in. You can show your scam membership, you can show any relevant C&G quals or similar, or if your part of the farce that's the JIB, then you can show your precious JIB card!. It's like everything you just have to be selective about what you buy, some things are cheap, some not!. Tool station is a mickey mouse outfit, they are cheaper because 9/10 the are supplying inferior brands! Ie: monument vs rothenberger.

Tlc is not cheap at all!!, my normal local wholesaler in brum, SND, blow them out the water. But I still buy my consumables from electrifix. And I get my own little door to go in that only sparks and plumbers are allowed into!, so no joe public and his stupid questions!!, it is what it is, and to be fair even though it's not super cheap and doesn't have some of the essential brands such as Aico and Wago, I like it!, and to be fair to them and their directors, this is what I hear most on this forum banging on about, how they want special concessions/ prices/ treatment well this is the one big company that offers it, and they are open Sundays and bank holidays. We should all use them now and again, or they will withdraw the service, I assume it wasn't cheap putting in the trade counters. Oh and as for them not being cheap.........did no one else make use of the deal last week??, 50x Crabtree double sockets for £70??

Tool station is a mickey mouse outfit, they are cheaper because 9/10 the are supplying inferior brands! Ie: monument vs rothenberger.

I have quite a few Monument tools and certainly don't think they are that inferior to Rothenberger which are over priced due to the name

With regard to Toolstation they are based on the same business model as Screwfix and owned by the people that sold Screwfix to Kingfisher and they don't have a high order value for free delivery and in some product areas have a better stock range than Screwfix so I don't think they are as mickey mouse as you suggest. In fact the same could be said of Screwfix as their trade counter stock levels are appalling that is if they have it in stock in the first place

Last edited:
Use toolstation for most things,have always found my local branch very helpful & i don't spend alot of time hanging around waiting to be served

Ok, it's not scam membership that counts, that's just one way in. You can show your scam membership, you can show any relevant C&G quals or similar, or if your part of the farce that's the JIB, then you can show your precious JIB card!. It's like everything you just have to be selective about what you buy, some things are cheap, some not!. Tool station is a mickey mouse outfit, they are cheaper because 9/10 the are supplying inferior brands! Ie: monument vs rothenberger.

Tlc is not cheap at all!!, my normal local wholesaler in brum, SND, blow them out the water. But I still buy my consumables from electrifix. And I get my own little door to go in that only sparks and plumbers are allowed into!, so no joe public and his stupid questions!!, it is what it is, and to be fair even though it's not super cheap and doesn't have some of the essential brands such as Aico and Wago, I like it!, and to be fair to them and their directors, this is what I hear most on this forum banging on about, how they want special concessions/ prices/ treatment well this is the one big company that offers it, and they are open Sundays and bank holidays. We should all use them now and again, or they will withdraw the service, I assume it wasn't cheap putting in the trade counters. Oh and as for them not being cheap.........did no one else make use of the deal last week??, 50x Crabtree double sockets for £70??

What he said. Thanks for saving me the typing!

BTW, who are SND?

Reply to Electrifix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net