Currently reading:
ELEX Coventry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss ELEX Coventry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mine is knees and back, mainly.
Yea, I forgot to mention my Back, what do you put your work related injuries down to Tel? Me I reckon most of my aches and pains are obviously down to bending and kneeling, but did we have all the PE that's available today, knee pads, back belts etc, no I don't believe we did, well I certainly didn't, just had to do your best and get on with it.
So a message for those coming into our Trade, well not just ours, all trades in reality, don't pooh pooh the PE use it, might lock poncy, but believe me you will benefit from using it as you get older, I promise, you won't get comments like "and a Zimmer Frame:p" from your colleagues.

maybe so, pete, but next we'll be blaming our dementia on working practices/conditions. all this blame someone else culture. i'm partially deaf through using noisy tools in early working life (according to the ambulance chasers). but it's more down to listening to rock music loud. you reap what you sow, so us older ones just live with it. the PC brigade of these days will blame anyone but themselves for their misfortunes. all i can say to those arses, is get a life, Brexit will happen, no more mollycoddling from brussels with their stupid human rights that prosecute victims and bend over backwards to help the criminals/terrorists. rant over.

My tuppence-worth says you are absolutely correct Pete...I'm not allowed to work on the Shed thingy unless I have my proper hard-toe shoes on and a helmet...the shoes saved me on day 3, the helmet every day! How can you hit your head on the same beam 10 times???
Still, all good, poncy or not!
Back in my youth...(another boring story, probably told before!) my Dad and I used to wrap a new length of asbestos rope round the exhaust of our boat every winter lay-up. Took the old one off, binned it, wrapped a new one on, with wire to hold it in place...and when the engine was running, an interesting vapour ensued as the damp rope warmed up...
Changed days, and a good thing too, imho.

...or shoes!
Don't have the worry of shoes pirate, her in doors has bad feet so one pair is all She needs mind you they are a bit pricey, but She is worth it, even though the mere mention of tools send her mental.
My tuppence-worth says you are absolutely correct Pete...I'm not allowed to work on the Shed thingy unless I have my proper hard-toe shoes on and a helmet...the shoes saved me on day 3, the helmet every day! How can you hit your head on the same beam 10 times???
Still, all good, poncy or not!
Back in my youth...(another boring story, probably told before!) my Dad and I used to wrap a new length of asbestos rope round the exhaust of our boat every winter lay-up. Took the old one off, binned it, wrapped a new one on, with wire to hold it in place...and when the engine was running, an interesting vapour ensued as the damp rope warmed up...
Changed days, and a good thing too, imho.
Yes the things we did and put up with in the days prior to the H&S phenomena, chasing Breeze blocks with no gloves or face masks, working in the attic with no masks or protective clothing, Kids today?

Pah! Kids today...LOL!
Oddly, Mrs Pirate goes mental when I mention tool too...

However, she isn't here just now, so I bought some more new side-cutters yesterday! Hand tools are very cheap here, but poor quality. However, they are so cheap you can buy loads. But power tools are horrendously expensive.

Pah! Kids today...LOL!
Oddly, Mrs Pirate goes mental when I mention tool too...

However, she isn't here just now, so I bought some more new side-cutters yesterday! Hand tools are very cheap here, but poor quality. However, they are so cheap you can buy loads. But power tools are horrendously expensive.
Trouble is pirate, I have all the tools I need and even more that I don't need, my problem is all these new tools coming out from the likes of Klein etc, I just have to have, call it a fetish whatever, I don't know of a cure, bit like a Crackhead, just got to have it, still I do have some tools I don't need to feed my addiction, sadly running out of movable assets, maybe move to Scouse land and go on the thieving route, joke, would never contemplate stealing tools.

Reply to ELEX Coventry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock