Search the forum,

Discuss emergency lighting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

ashdog

-
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,
In the purpose built flats that i live in we have been told that we should have emergency lighting on the common stairway. My first question is do we have to have the lights by law? Secondly is it possible to replace an existing light that operates on a timeswitch with an emergency light? All the cables are buried in the walls.

Many thanks

AS faar as i am aware you should have emergency lights in the common areas. I am not sure if its law but i would double check the building regs.

As for changing them they need a permanant supply so controlling them from a time switch is out i am afraid.

You will need a permanent supply however you will be bale to control an N/M from a push or any other swiitch em lighting should be installed atalong the exit route and at any change in direction or level .:D

Last edited by a moderator:
you have maintaned lighting in changed direction and should have them every change of direction should ben maintanced but the ones with no direction and is there to provide light should ber non maintained and if i remember right they should be one every 4 m2

the time lights can be changed to maintained fittings only . if i have it right . you change the timer to a akey switch and therefore theres a perrmant feed all the way down but the down side is the lighting never goes off

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to emergency lighting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock