Discuss Energy saving lamps in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

wattsup

Major mump
Energy saving light bulbs do not compete with incandescent lamps. It is nigh on impossible to make a decorative statement using said **** lamps.
They the ‘dodgy government’ do not compare like with like.

I’m also not convinced with statements like 10 x cheaper…err nope. By the time I go to the bog, kitchen etc for a few minutes and turn on the light, its just getting warm by the time I switch off. That is not good, full benefit is not reached until ‘warmed’. So should I leave the light/s on all the time? Thus nullifying the cost saving?
Not to mention the +5x cost in the first place for the lamp for less light

I’ve done a few jobs lately where, Eco warriors have installed flu lamps rather than evil incandescent lamps and completely stuffed their dimmer circuits, yep dimmer no good, pay me £150.00 blah just to tell them, err nope do not use energy savers on dimmer circuits. I’m not kidding, how Eco friendly is that?

The government are as usual pandering and knee jerking to something they have no knowledge:-- to tree huggers., because they think there are votes in it.

Added to all the green ****e, flu have mercury, no problem right now because small numbers, but guess what in a few years when flu’s are the only option…the mercury police will be watching your bin, you cannot dispose of with normal household rubbish. The mercury tax will emerge …I ain’t kidding.

Added to all that I hate this government, mainly because most, if not all are bent and are hypocrites beyond belief.

You can do anything you want with incandescent lamps, décor, flood etc
Flu, shine it up ya arse and look for a shadow much too dim

Led’s may be the way to go, especially for décor effect, but please don’t say they are the same watt for watt in actual light output they are not. The flu guys say 11watts are equal to 60 watt incandescent, oh no they are not and should be sued for such statements. They do not compare like for like.

As always they spin the actual science, when it suits the suits.

End of mump!

haha but this frikkin government need to do what they can for votes! My dog is standing for the next election and will get more votes than that nob rot Scot G Brown

haha but this frikkin government need to do what they can for votes! My dog is standing for the next election and will get more votes than that nob rot Scot G Brown

Is your dog standing in my area?

I reckon spots are gonna become this naff fashion thingy in few years and all us sparks will be leaving loads of holes in ceilings and replacing with good ol fashion tungsten filaments. Why Not??? they dont get as hot you can change the light shade really cheaply to go with changing decor.

I just talked myself outta a job in bathroom sick of spots, they do my bloody head in and the customers ask stupid questions like. " Will my electricity go down now we have spots"????? F**k why cos there 12v ??? yeah but you have ten installed replacing two 60 w bulbs.

Leds dont get me started on those, they are the most un-environmentally friendly lights at present beacuse of the materials used in manufacturing. But hay it's all ok cos the goverment say we can install energysaving fittings. Phew and there was me about to buy another bikini for the heatwave.

I just talked myself outta a job in bathroom sick of spots, they do my bloody head in and the customers ask stupid questions like. " Will my electricity go down now we have spots"????? F**k why cos there 12v ??? yeah but you have ten installed replacing two 60 w bulbs.

:( DONT MENTION SPOTS TO ME ,MY MRS SAID IM FITTING THEM IN ME SLEEP BLOODY THINGS,THE JOBS I GET ALLWAYS WANT SPOTS AND LOTS OF THEM.AND THEN YOU GET THE CALL 6 MONTHS LATER WHEN A BULB BLOWS (2 DAYS LATER WITH AURORA)AND THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE IT.:mad:

Does anyone have probs locating lamp lugs into gu 240v fittings?...or do i need new eyes?

I'm gonna buy up all tung. lamps. You can yet 10 for a quid now in some places...then when everyone finds out how **** the flu are in a few years when shops can't sell them, people will be fighting for real light.....hey presto...next time this year rodders...millionairs -;

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to say I hate spots........ WITH A PASSION !

Will go to great lengths not to fit th B*****D awful things . Got some to fit in my old dears bathroom, and have put it off for 2 years so far.

My mate on the other hand, loves em. Licence to print money he says.

Might get him to do my mums !:rolleyes:

Reply to Energy saving lamps in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock