Discuss Fault find (Electrical condition report) or (Electrical Installation certificate) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would look at it in this light; if the work I do involves anything that I or the client would class as consumables (bulbs, bit of sleeving, plug top fuse) or a level of preventative maintainance expected of a basic householder then I wouldn't deem a cert required (unless you're including testing), any work that involves replacing or maintaining a fixed wiring fitting the I would generate a cert for - this is meant as a dynamic list -we all know the jobs that would be deemed beyond the realm of joe public - and as such is non-exhaustive, by all mean so add your own;

Bulb change; no cert
Tightening loose switch connections in sockets/switches; no cert - unless testing done beforehand and it flagged suspect loose terminals
Changing plug top fuse; no cert
Changing plug socket/light switch; generate cert (because we're all tightening to manu torque settings aren't we)
Changing light fixture; generate cert
work within CU; generate cert

Feel free to expand on

I would look at it in this light; if the work I do involves anything that I or the client would class as consumables (bulbs, bit of sleeving, plug top fuse) or a level of preventative maintainance expected of a basic householder then I wouldn't deem a cert required (unless you're including testing), any work that involves replacing or maintaining a fixed wiring fitting the I would generate a cert for - this is meant as a dynamic list -we all know the jobs that would be deemed beyond the realm of joe public - and as such is non-exhaustive, by all mean so add your own;

Bulb change; no cert
Tightening loose switch connections in sockets/switches; no cert - unless testing done beforehand and it flagged suspect loose terminals
Changing plug top fuse; no cert
Changing plug socket/light switch; generate cert (because we're all tightening to manu torque settings aren't we)
Changing light fixture; generate cert
work within CU; generate cert

Feel free to expand on
My rough rule of thumb is if I'm adding/removing circuit cable or splitting existing circuit cable then it's altering the original design of the circuit sufficient to require a cert.

Anything else is upkeep.

You could arguably add/alter withiuout the above but rare so it stands up as a rule of thumb.

For such a minor repair I would do the Eicr and right a comment on the observation page stating that the observation was rectified at the time of inspection and write info or note in the column where you would normally but the code

Reply to Fault find (Electrical condition report) or (Electrical Installation certificate) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net