Discuss Finding a job without 17th edition in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cal_dood

Is it me or has anyone else noticed how hard it is to find a job without the 17th edition?? Every company bar the odd one asks for it, alot of them not seemingly not bothered about 2330, 2391 23etc etc......

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

tbh I see far more being advertised asking for 2391, 2382(17th) 2360 or equiv time served, Jib reg etc. trouble is they are asking more and paying less. the 17th would be a minimum with the relevant experience tbh.

tbh I see far more being advertised asking for 2391, 2382(17th) 2360 or equiv time served, Jib reg etc. trouble is they are asking more and paying less. the 17th would be a minimum with the relevant experience tbh.

Yeahh, it jus seems like the 3 years at college come second to the small 3-10 day course's.....

most are wanting 2391 17th IPAF PASMA CSCS PTS and all sorts of stuff then looking to pay £10 or less I phoned one the other week Hotel maintenance MANAGER paying £8 ph I asked if there was a missprint in advert (it happens ) he said No and asked if I was available for interview that afternoon I politly declined and wished him luck with the saying "pay penuts get monkeys"

Another job advertised as 18th edition ONLY pmsl

Its because recruiting is done by penpushers in the HR department. They have no idea that the 17th is just an exam on how to use a book, and you could get a monkey to pass it.

They get there info from a book when they recruit. They are not aware of any higher qualifications applicable to Electricians, In fact the only higher qualification they have heard of is "Under Graduate" whatever the ferk one of those might be! And I have never heard of an Under Graduate Electrician.

So in a nutshell, if like me you have qualifications coming out of your ears and other places, if you cant pass an exam about how to use a book, then you can't possibly be a proper Electrician. That god i work for myself, no bellends telling me what i can and can't do, i didn't have an interview, and the pay and benefits are good as well.

Sorry for the rant, but this sort of thing annoys me. I like a lot of you know some cracking sparky's and other trades who don't have a qualification to their name, but can knock me into a cocked hat when it comes to the job, but they dont get a look in at recruitment time.

Cheers........H

I think that if they are asking for electricians with 17th edition they assume you have the other qualifications and the relevant experience.
It's possible to be time served & qualified up to the armpits with years of experience but not take the 17th.

I got rang up by a railway company and all they wanted me to have was the 17th :S
Im guessing there sparky didnt have it, it was £14 phr all teh way.

Lol ive been struggling to even get noticed wiout the 17th on my CV..... So since im doing it next week i thought id put it on there. I used monster.com and apolied for 2 jobs this morning. Both have rang up wanting more info about me. That really proves a point to me...

Reply to Finding a job without 17th edition in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net