Discuss Flood lights in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

if u do opt for making your own as long as u wire them in series you will be fine as people have said a 5 amp fuse in your plug top should be ample current but you will need heat resistance cable which isnt cheap so if the tripod works out cheaper then probs best option if suitable for your needs.........

If you wire them in series they will only half light as lamps are in series and not parallel

Last edited:
Hi guys

Im new here im currently in my first year on elec installation at college yale in wrexham to be precise.

Im wanting to wire 2 500watt floodlights but they need to be portable so i want them on a normal 13amp plug top. So I will obviously need to use flex so am i right in thinking that i need 1.5mm2 flex?? also what size fuse will i need to install in the plug top. Asuming it is ok to wire 2 500 watt lights like this i cant see why but im no expert.

Thanks Ashley still learning.

The code of practice for in service testing and inspection of electrical equipment which includes plug tops clearly states that not more than one flex shall be connected to a plug top and that the max flex csa shall be 1.5mm

Oh my, now I know why this country is going ---- up, maniac teachers are ruling -:)
Unless you missunderstood the q -;) I do hope the latter

Reply to Flood lights in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A
the situation is this: 8 x 24v rgbw flood lights for a garden, each fitting has power consumption of 45w. 3 lights into a 200w driver, another 3...
Replies
Views
Hi.. Newby here.. I have a couple lights holders/bulbs on the end of a flex plugged into the mains 13Amp plug. I want to put an inline switch on...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
Im trying to make a Star Wars Prop for a course project where the dealine is comming up very fast in days and I need to do the report so really...
Replies
Views
As the title says. But then I cut off a jst connection off one of the light strips and I can't get them to work together... the one strip is plug...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock