Discuss Fluke 1633 alternative mains cord in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have been asked by a good friend to check out the electrical installation in their French holiday home, whilst I am there (free use for test) what is so special about the Fluke mains lead that they want £40.00 for the EU version? I know it has a special plug into the unit, but c'mon £40.00 for a lead, any insights, the place is going up for sale and he is required to have a diagnostic report done by law, he just wants to be pre-warned of any anomalies on his installation, the requirements for the diagnostic report are here: Liste des points de contrôle du diagnostic Electricité (Termite, Amiante, Carrez, DPE, Gaz, Plomb) - https://www.ariahabitat.com/diagnostic-electrique/diagnostic-electricite-31-point-de-controle.php
[automerge]1570237143[/automerge]
Sorry guys, the main title is wrong, its a mains cord for a Fluke 1663.

Last edited:
You could make your own or use a good quality travel adapter with your uk plug.

you could cut the plug off and stuff the ends of the wires in with matches. :(:(:(

James thanks for the sensible suggestion, of course that's what the null adaptor is for, doh. :cool:
[automerge]1570267426[/automerge]
As an aside any of you chaps taken your Electrical Installation Tester on an aircraft as hand luggage?

James thanks for the sensible suggestion, of course that's what the null adaptor is for, doh. :cool:
[automerge]1570267426[/automerge]
As an aside any of you chaps taken your Electrical Installation Tester on an aircraft as hand luggage?
why would i do that. airlines do their own testing.

they probably wont allow it as hand luggage.
tools of the trade, not allowed,
anything that has sharp pointy things, not allowed.
anything they don't understand, probably not allowed.

Thank's James.

What I have narrowed it down too is: no leads with pointy bits, unit itself should be OK, leave batteries in so it can be turned on and demonstrated, well I go next Wednesday, will let you know if it's a Fluke, sorry could not resist.

theyprobably wo't allow LI-ion batteries. they blow aeroplanes out of the sky.

theyprobably wo't allow LI-ion batteries. they blow aeroplanes out of the sky.
That's a fact, we had to resort to either sending 110V tools or buying cordless stuff locally if we could, got real expensive I can tell you.

That's a fact, we had to resort to either sending 110V tools or buying cordless stuff locally if we could, got real expensive I can tell you.

they don't like them in checked in luggage.
might be ok for cabin.
laptop, phones etc all Li ion batteries

That has all changed in the last year or so, they don't like LiOn batteries over 18 volts, thats why most of the manufacturers have now gone to dual voltage batteries to get over than hurdle.

There are very clear guidelines and rules published about what you can and can't carry. If you google it... I'm sure you'll find it. 'IATA' maybe help in the search.

I know about this because it can be tricky for Amateur Radio guys to carry their equipment... unless you follow the procedures. Part of which is printing and carrying a copy of the rules with you... as most airport security people won't have a clue !

Got it through without any real trouble, they took my bag and opened it and asked what it was, I explained and they said OK, I did not take any probes, pointy bits avoided.

You could make your own or use a good quality travel adapter with your uk plug.
Just thought I would update this, travel adapter's unfortunately don't work as the adaptor turns the UK plug upside down therefore reversing the L/N got over this by putting French plug on a short lead to a UK extension socket.

Was this really a year ago, doesn't time fly.

Reply to Fluke 1633 alternative mains cord in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock