Discuss Forum post problem in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The 1st post of every thread starts with this text...

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here: American Electrical Advice Forum

Apart from being wrong and grammatically incorrect, Shouldn't this be some sort of banner or something above the forum?
Surely it should not be mixed in with original post on every single thread?

snap1.JPG

Snap2.JPG

different problem hre. whenever there's a post quoted, it is black on grey and i can't read it. like wise with the toolbar on top of my reply, which is grey on grey.

different problem hre. whenever there's a post quoted, it is black on grey and i can't read it. like wise with the toolbar on top of my reply, which is grey on grey.
You might need to change your forum style. If you scroll down to the very bottom left hand corner it will let you see what style you are using. You can also change it from there if needed.

cheers,was on blue. gone back to default setting now the grey has turned to mustard colour.

it could be the fact you're country is coming up as France currently.

Can you tell me what that IP was so I can check if it is actually a French IP?

I am still getting this problem and I believe the auto geolocation is broken here

I have connected to every single country on my VPN list including America and it doesn't show

Normally I only ever have it set to connect to GB so was surprised for you to say it was coming up as France

After checking further, certain IP's bring up that message, latest one is 185.158.250.235 which is a Manchester based IP so why is the forum showing this message for some GB IP's and not others?

Perhaps it's because the GeoIP databases are not always completely up to date and IP address allocations do change.

You've raised it as an issue, @Dan and @Lou will, I'm sure look into it when they have time available to do so. I'm sure it's slightly irritating... I find some of the ad's irritating, but it's not the end of the world if it's appearing in the first post of a thread. It's not huge so won't be sucking up huge amounts of bandwidth or data allocation.

It is what it is, no one other than the owners can do anything about it and I'm sure they are aware of it.

Can you tell me what that IP was so I can check if it is actually a French IP?

I am still getting this problem and I believe the auto geolocation is broken here

I have connected to every single country on my VPN list including America and it doesn't show

Normally I only ever have it set to connect to GB so was surprised for you to say it was coming up as France

After checking further, certain IP's bring up that message, latest one is 185.158.250.235 which is a Manchester based IP so why is the forum showing this message for some GB IP's and not others?
I don't know what your game is mate but today alone you have used 26 different ip addresses ranging from the UK to Italy to Japan etc. If a UK ip address works without showing the message then stick to that. No point complaining if you keep changing your VPN.

I don't know what your game is mate but today alone you have used 26 different ip addresses ranging from the UK to Italy to Japan etc.

If you had read my previous post then you will see this...

previously before today, only connected to UK as stated in my previous posts and done this after SC said I was showing as an IP from France

If a UK ip address works without showing the message then stick to that. No point complaining if you keep changing your VPN.

But it doesn't, UK is the problem, did you even read my posts?

I found navigating from the Main menu , tedious with plenty of scrolling down being involved .

My approach was Login , then jump to a selection of saved bookmarks. When Hot topics were not your interest !

Let's just put a bit of perspective on this... we're two pages in to a topic discussing a minor inconvenience and some irritation at a small piece of text that appears in the first post of threads.... meanwhile, millions of people are struggling dealing with real world problems in the middle of a pandemic that is killing thousands of people... nothing like first world problems eh???
[automerge]1585405303[/automerge]
I've raised this with Dan and Lou, they are the only people who can look into it in detail, so I'm closing the thread.

previously before today, only connected to UK as stated in my previous posts and done this after SC said I was showing as an IP from France
Well that's not true as you were showing a French ip address on Thursday evening.

2001:41d0:800:16a4::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Forum post problem in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net