Discuss Found a glitch with fern howards LED E/L in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
So got given a e/l remedial job today in a old people home.

The Warden monthly checks the e/l using the key switch, and she reported the new Fern Howard LED emergency fittings that have recently been installed are not functioning correctly when she uses the key switch to test them.

So I tried the key switch, and the green neon goes off but the LED fitting stays at full brightness (they should go dim, and only a few of the center led stay on- in emergency mode)

I thought the wiring may be wrong, so swapped around the perm live and switch live, but this did not correct it!

After a bit of playing around, we found the key switch had to isolated the permanent live and the switch live from the led light for it to function correctly (green neon off, only center leds on)

previously is was wired:

permanent live to common of key switch then L1 to perm of led fitting and switch line from timer to sl of led fitting

I altered the wiring so now:
the perm live and switch line go to common of key switch then from L1 of key switch to perm and SL of led fitting

might be then case, and whether they should or not I do not know...

but the fern Howard ones are not meant to, only the center 4 leds should light

Reply to Found a glitch with fern howards LED E/L in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi Total novi e but have wired multiple light switches previously and survived :) I've bought a nice WiFi enabled dinner switch for a new LED...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Ok guys, first post so be gentle. I have a standard setup of two two way switches, one at the bottom of the stairs and one at the top so the light...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock