Discuss Fox H1 max open circuit voltage,? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have 18 panels in 2 strings (37.8v open circuit voltage each) to be connected to a Fox H1 inverter. The manual says the below. Is the 600v open circuit voltage per string or for both strings combined?

H1 series inverters can be connected with 2-strings of PV modules. Please select suitable PV modules
with high reliability and quality. Open circuit voltage of module array connected should be less than 600V,
and operating voltage should be within the MPPT voltage

18 panels in 2 strings
9 panels in each string 37.8 x 9 =340.2V per string

2 strings of 340v do not add up to any more than 340v unless you reconfigure them to be one single string.

this arrangement in my opinion would be within the capability of the inverter.

Reply to Fox H1 max open circuit voltage,? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, My current 2.5kW Solar pv array is in a less than favourable position, but there is plenty of space to expand the array. I have an...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hello!! I am using 2 ABB 100kw string Inverters (ABB PVS 100-TL) in a single room. Can anyone assist me in calculating the Heat dissipation from...
Replies
Views
I'm an experienced sparky, now semi retired, with absolutely no knowledge of solar PV, which I'm trying to do something about. My questions are...
Replies
Views
I have 2 arrays on 2 SMA inverters. One is 500v single string and the other is paralleled 2 x 300v strings. I have just lost one of my arrays via...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock