Discuss Fuse carriers and replacements in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

daver

Just looking to you guys for a bit of help.

My surveyor friend who give me all my domestic work, asked me to survey a job for him. Went to have a look today preliminary with the intention to carry out a full report shortly.

There are 9 floors and 10 flats on each floor. 2 risers, one on each side of the building supplying 5 flats each side per floor.

Problem is that some of the fuses has disintegrated or are broken and the landlord now wants them changing as he has been told they cannot be replaced. It may also require that the cabling to each flat may need changing from the pyro shown, but will not know till we test.

On several, they have been replaced by 1361 fuses, but what they have done is gone into riser below and bolted 25mm tails, come out of riser through gland, through fuse and back in at connection point shown in pic.

Before I turn up next week to power down 45 flats, just to remove covers to investigate. Has anyone come across this before that could offer suggestions.
Or can we still get a fuse and carrier to suit.

Initially I am only reporting but then it will be tendered for.

Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• Fuse carriers and replacements IMAGE_003 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMAGE_003.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 67
i think it would be an option to strip the guts out of the exsisting cu and retro fit the guts from a new cu inside
or
strip as before mount din rail and klippon connectors in side to extend the pyros into a new cu fixed on the side

Hi Mark and thanks for your reply.

This is the riser between floors. Behind the black board is the 3 phase bars and neutral bar which run from ground floor to 9th floor. But without switching off 45 flats, I cannot see how it is made up. in the top left of the board, you can see where a fuse has been, but I dont know whether there are 2 rails per phase and the fuse carrier just slots in between.

Thank anyway

Dave

Just an update to initial post. It is manufactured by "Trunduct" of Liverpool. Maybe one of the old school boys could tell me whats behind the covers.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy that's old... rusting steel for a cpc, Imperial pyro's, probably perished neoprene sleeving. I bet there's cus in some of the flats of a similar age.

I'd say it's all past its "use by date", anything you do will only be a temporary extension of its life.
Good luck ringing those doorbells!

Reply to Fuse carriers and replacements in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock