Discuss garden cabin wiring exposed under floor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Wiring a large garden cabin and the customer has specified floor sockets. The floor is pine floor boards over osb boarded direct onto joists with no gap and joists and below are actually outside as cabin has no sides below floor level.
Does anyone have any tips on how to weather proof the socket from below and protect cables etc from possible rodents etc. Not really any crawl space.

Floor sockets the back box will metal any way with a small grommet holes
has the rodants they will chew through any thing especaly rats .you will not weather proof them under that cabin unless you foam them in .

I would have thought sockets low down on the walls would be better. Less likely to get damaged with chairs, etc. What sort of sockets are you using?

These will do nicely, and they come in many sizes
Thanks for that. was thinking something similar. Unfortunately they called me after the whole things up and finished, so floor already down.
[automerge]1573585059[/automerge]
Floor sockets the back box will metal any way with a small grommet holes
has the rodants they will chew through any thing especaly rats .you will not weather proof them under that cabin unless you foam them in .
Thanks for that. Now tend to be of same mind re rodents etc so going to rethink a way of keeping all cables etc inside and talk them out of floor sockets.
[automerge]1573585119[/automerge]
Steel conduit or steel kopax? Or is the floor already down
Thanks and yes all floor finished so going to talk them out of floor sockets ( I hope)
[automerge]1573585280[/automerge]
I would have thought sockets low down on the walls would be better. Less likely to get damaged with chairs, etc. What sort of sockets are you using?
Another difficult one as the walls are all pitched. The cabin is more like the pitched roof of a house with pitch all the way to the floor and no access under as well as one of the gables being all glass.
[automerge]1573585424[/automerge]
Think the way to go is steel conduit up the walls to metal clad sockets (all be it angled) with cables round base behind a new kick board with 100mm or so channel behind.
Thanks everybody for the brainstorm.

Last edited:

Reply to garden cabin wiring exposed under floor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net