Discuss Garden lighting with reliable PIR's in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Joric1

DIY
Reaction score
We have a garden footpath 16m from front door to garden gate with a shed near the gate.
I am looking for the following set-up:

a) an independent PIR sensor x2, one at each end of the circuit
b) these to operate 3-4 LED spikes or low level spots between the two
c) plus a floodlight to light the outside of the shed operated by the same PIR’s between the last light and one of the PIR’s
i.e. I want all the lights and the floodlight to come on at the same time when switched on from either end by either PIR.
d) if it was low voltage LED then also a transformer and any necessary accessories.

Can anyone please suggest any sources of a system like this? A kit maybe, plus add-ons? Nothing fancy or too up-market, I just want it to be weatherproof, durable and reliable! It's the separate PIR's that I'm struggling with. I'm not even sure if it's possible to get PIR's to act this way, as in effect 2 way light switches? I don't want to keep switching the system on and off but just leave it to operate by the PIR's after dusk. There is existing mains electricity outside and I would in effect be replacing an existing system.
Can you please suggest any specific products? Or a better way?

Reply to Garden lighting with reliable PIR's in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've just changed the bulb in an outdoor PIR security floodlight (to LED). But the light stays on by default, and turns off when I go outside. I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Would be grateful for some advice. Would like to add an additional light (Undercabinet 8W LED Batten light) to a two-way light switch...
Replies
Views
Ok so I have a quinetic switch connected to a relay which turns it into a 2way switch.. I want one output going directly to the lights and the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock