Currently reading:
General Election May 6th

Discuss General Election May 6th in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Who Will You Vote For?

• Labour

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Conservative

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • UKIP

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • BNP

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Green Party

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • SNP

• Plaid Cymru

• Total voters
Labour are wholely responible for the demise of a British institution namely the Pub never seems to be a day goes by and another one is boarded up

Yep, nipped into my local tonight, the rest seem to be changing hands or selling up.

A Pint of Becks on draft and a bag of pork scratching. £4.00 ….Thought I was back down London.:eek:

I may have to start drinking the drip trays at this rate.:p

[FONT=&quot]It will be a sad day when you can’t enjoy a pint [/FONT][FONT=&quot]down a local [/FONT][FONT=&quot]after a good days work.[/FONT]

The way things are going we will have both,No Pubs and No Work
[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]:D

I thought his actions were well funny when he was in the radio station I bet Jeremy was nearly wetting himself when he played that recording. Mind you hats off to the guy I struggle to get an apology from the kids never mind a Prime Minister. Although admittedly the kids are not up for election. I think he has missed his calling, dell boy would take him on for Rodney`s long lost twin :)

After that brilliant faux par by that Scottish idiot yesterday calling a a 60 year old long life labour voter a bigot with his mike switched on. what can you say:D:D
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] It's obvious what is wrong with Gordon Brown... He has no neck.:D

This of course restricts the amount of blood circulating to his brain.:rolleyes:

This induces paranoid delusional behaviour and a tendency to think he some sort of Messiah in waiting.
:eek:

In 1997 after17 years of Tory arrogance, egotism and widespread self serving interest, the country was ready for a change and expected 'New' Labour to provide egalitarianism. What did we get?~ Tony Blair, and Labour arrogance, egotism and widespread self serving interest.
The problem seems to stem from too much power and poor self governance, Gordon Brown pronounced an end to this attitude when he inherited power yet I see little evidence of this, whether this is through lack of will on his behalf or the leviathan nature of govenment in general it's hard to define (although the latest revelations of the man seems to indicate it's as much his nature at fault than anything else).
So what do we do? have a hung parliament, vote in the Liberals, Tories, BNP or monster raving loony party (they'd get ny vote if I thought thay had a chance.) Be assured whom-ever takes over the reigns of UK plc will introduce swinging cuts and taxes that will make us all squeak, this means that the average working man will feel the effects of a double dip recession even if one doesn't manifest itself, in the mean-time city traders and bankers are rubbing their hands and salivating at the opportunities to 'make' even more fat bonuses on the back of us all.
Why do think that none of the parties are giving the full picture? We are all being mushroomed and treated with contempt.:mad:

On a lighter note:
Marmite

2010 General Election: Top five political gaffes worth watching « CROWDED VOICE

In 1997 after17 years of Tory arrogance, egotism and widespread self serving interest, the country was ready for a change and expected 'New' Labour to provide egalitarianism. What did we get?~ Tony Blair, and Labour arrogance, egotism and widespread self serving interest.
The problem seems to stem from too much power and poor self governance, Gordon Brown pronounced an end to this attitude when he inherited power yet I see little evidence of this, whether this is through lack of will on his behalf or the leviathan nature of govenment in general it's hard to define (although the latest revelations of the man seems to indicate it's as much his nature at fault than anything else).
So what do we do? have a hung parliament, vote in the Liberals, Tories, BNP or monster raving loony party (they'd get ny vote if I thought thay had a chance.) Be assured whom-ever takes over the reigns of UK plc will introduce swinging cuts and taxes that will make us all squeak, this means that the average working man will feel the effects of a double dip recession even if one doesn't manifest itself, in the mean-time city traders and bankers are rubbing their hands and salivating at the opportunities to 'make' even more fat bonuses on the back of us all.
Why do think that none of the parties are giving the full picture? We are all being mushroomed and treated with contempt.:mad:

I 100% agree and would like to add…

If ever there was a party that said one thing in public and behaved differently in private you need look no further than the Labour party!

This has been blatantly obvious over the last couple of days

However one thing is for certain these days with politicians is that any compromise and common sense will always be out of the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
jesus christ how is anybody Voting Tory on Here seriously ? Brown hasnt done the Best job as PM but he,s a far Better Choice than either Cameron or Clegg .

Well who ever Votes tory on here better be prepared to lose their jobs in the Tories instant $6bn public service spending cuts and every area except Health and Foriegn Aid will be effected.

oh and while your thanking the Tories for taking your work/ jobs away you can also thank them for raising your Bills with the new 19.5% VAT raise.

just look at these articles to see how bad the Tories really are

Cameron's Councils

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-per-cent.html

Dont get me wrong Labour are not Perfect but they are the reason were recovering from the Recession quicker than expected

just look at the policies .How can anyone say that the Middle Class party (you know the one that craps all over the Working class) be the best choice for Britain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8515961.stm

/Rant

Last edited:
Johns RIGHT DO NOT WASTE YOUR VOTE

VOTE LABOUR KEEP THE TORIES OUT

A VOTE FOR ANY OTHER PARTY IS GOING TO MAYBE LET THE TORIES IN
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::

That makes him the best MP he wont lie he wont claim expenses and he wont sell this country down the river for his own benefit.;);););)

Chros

Screaming Lord Sutch died a number of years back where have you been hiding?:eek::eek::D:D:p:p

:D I'm surprised the MRLP havent dug him up, as no-one round my way has bothered to try and capture my vote he would get my cross on the ballot paper, at least he is honestly de-composing, unlike our decaying economy and all of the rotten and putrid politicians' we've got to contend with.

Yes a hung parliment so all MP's grab your chairs well decide whos the next prime minister by doing musical chairs last one on the chair wins the key for number 10 !!!!!

And if no one wins then well give it to Mr Bean !:D

Funny how this thread has gone quiet all of a sudden ?

People have got their wish and Labour and Mr Brown have gone . A shame and I believe a mistake .

I hope everyone is holding on tight ......

Your about to find out about the Tories .

The only saving grace is they are tempered by the Liberals

I hope you will be Gracious in defeat UNG ?

We have been waiting for you to graciously accept defeat

I see you are as arrogant in defeat as Mr Brown, Mr Mandleson and Labour was

The Labour governments extravagant spending couldn't continue without ending up like Greece

We will never know what economic bombshells Labour would have dropped on us to get out of the hole they spent us into, Labours spend spend spend and get the next government pay it back is about to happen it is unfortunate that times will be hard but that is the price that will have to be paid for thirteen years of ****
poor government by Labour

Funny how this thread has gone quiet all of a sudden ?

People have got their wish and Labour and Mr Brown have gone . A shame and I believe a mistake .

I am trying hard to see the the arrogance in that statement ?

Hands up he /labour lost .thats life .

I find you are being personal UNG there is no need for that. :)

so heres a thing any one listen to radio 2

VAT could go up to 20 % so luxury items first class travel luxuary yaughts ,to name a few all have no VAT id sttart with adding vat to all items us poor workers cant afford wether its labour or tories there all the same 13 years of labour they did add vat to these item i doubt the tories will we should all stand up to this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been waiting for you to graciously accept defeat

I see you are as arrogant in defeat as Mr Brown, Mr Mandleson and Labour was

The Labour governments extravagant spending couldn't continue without ending up like Greece

We will never know what economic bombshells Labour would have dropped on us to get out of the hole they spent us into, Labours spend spend spend and get the next government pay it back is about to happen it is unfortunate that times will be hard but that is the price that will have to be paid for thirteen years of ****
poor government by Labour

im Sry but how was GB arrogant in Defeat (When technically Labour never lost the Election because the Tories never won it). If you meant that Brown was arrogant in the sense that he should have left No10 when the Tories gained the most seats then your Wrong and need to check up the Rules which Clearly State that in terms of non elected Party i.e the Tories Then the * incumbent*PM has the Duty and right to try and Form a goverment (which in Lamens terms means that because no one secured a Majority then the PM has to stay in No10 until a majority goverment can be made unless the party with the Most seats decides to form a *Minority* goverment.

Well i voted labour. Lets see how much better the Tory snobs can do! A lot of people who voted liberal now wished they'd not protest voted and went labour afterall...........one word to them lot! FOOLS!!!

Reply to General Election May 6th in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock