Currently reading:
General Election May 6th

Discuss General Election May 6th in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Who Will You Vote For?

• Labour

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Conservative

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • UKIP

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • BNP

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Green Party

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • SNP

• Plaid Cymru

• Total voters
Hi
You are correct in what you say also i would make it Law that you must be on the electoral register, in my street alone out of 100 houses 30% are only on the electoral register why? our next door neighbors not married got a mobility car all the perks in benefits 3 holidays a year and he comes home at 9.30pm why? they are on the fiddle.

This country needs a shake up and what do people feel about the polls i am sure the media are making them up.

Don't live next door to these 2 do you? :D Peter Davey gets £42,000 in benefits a year and drives a Mercedes | Mail Online

Labour's benefit give away society fuels the I'm entitled attitude I think benefits should stop at the second child or be capped at £20,000 otherwise you end up with these baby making machines pushing them out for another lump of benefit and end up with benefits paid at stupid levels beyond the wage of the working man.

How many on here could earn as much as Peter Davey and all he does is get his leg over for 5 minutes work every 9 months or so

I pitty their neighbour next door in the semi.

They will be evicted by the Council so the can knock the two houses into one.:eek:

Sterilisation is the answer!

Labour's benefit give away society fuels the I'm entitled attitude I think benefits should stop at the second child or be capped at £20,000 otherwise you end up with these baby making machines pushing them out for another lump of benefit and end up with benefits paid at stupid levels beyond the wage of the working man.

How many on here could earn as much as Peter Davey and all he does is get his leg over for 5 minutes work every 9 months or so

Have any of you read the speech that Bill Gates gave to a high school in america about the real world it should be made compulsory reading i'll see if i can find a link

Here we go read this gents maybe he should run for primeminister lol

Bill Gates Speech To High School Students

My mother told me when she was alive that in the late 50's/early 60's you didn't get any beneft fot the first kid only the second on.

Even one on from this which some people may find a bit contreversal if a mother has kids by diferent fathers eg like the one who had 4 by 4 different blokes she should have all her benefits stopped and made to work rather than lie on her back and let us mugs pay for her.

My mother told me when she was alive that in the late 50's/early 60's you didn't get any beneft fot the first kid only the second on.

Even the first child qualifies now. The whole benefit system needs an overhaul to bring it back to the real world you hear about isolated cases but I fear it is more widespread than this

Even the first child qualifies now. The whole benefit system needs an overhaul to bring it back to the real world you hear about isolated cases but I fear it is more widespread than this

When I worked at Cammell Lairds and it was closed by VSEL in the early 90's we had a temporary cabin on site which the benefits used.

Went to seethem I got told that I could get dole for 6 months then after that my other half would have to keep me, at which I went ballistic saying how the **** can some little tart open her legs get pregnant recieve a house benefits etc without paying into it yet me who has worked gets told to sorry your not entitled to anything more.

It totally stinks you work to keep some lazy sod who doesn't want to work, should bring back the workhouse if you don't want to work then thats where you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I worked at Cammell Lairds and it was closed by VSEL in the early 90's we had a temporary cabin on site which the benefits used.

Went to seethem I got told that I could get dole for 6 months then after that my other half would have to keep me, at which I went ballistic saying how the **** can some little tart open her legs get pregnant recieve a house benefits etc without paying into it yet me who has worked gets told to sorry your not entitled to anything more.

It totally stinks you work to keep some lazy sod who doesn't want to work, should bring back the workhouse if you don't want to work then thats where you go.

i agree to a point it makes me really mad too, i had a similar situation was a salesman before in an industry that has all but died so decided to retrain as a spark (something ive wanted to do for ages but got stuck in the money trap) so was entitled to dole whilst waiting for the course to start, after about 3 months not entitled to anything because im on a full time course had to pay for it myself had no support and im trying to betteer myself whilst there are people not wanting to put anything into this country AT ALL but expect to be subsidised by the moneyI payed in its a joke!!!!!

the reason it stings so much is that over the last 10 years ive paid an average of £1000 a month tax work it out its about £120k and i was entitled to a grand total of £1100 before my contributions ran out JOKE!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not that im bitter in any way lol:rolleyes:

It will be hard for them to change my mind before the 6th and may I just say that these debates are a joke not allowing people to clap and all the rules in general

It will be hard for them to change my mind before the 6th and may I just say that these debates are a joke not allowing people to clap and all the rules in general

It wasn't a debate at all, just an extension to their campaigns, basically free electioneering broadcast for the three main political parties.

Unfortunately we are still being treated as children and there isn't any evidence (to me anyway) that any lessons are being learnt, politicians just want the power and don't care about the consequence of their actions, lets face it though they don't live in the real world and are probably doing the only job they are capable of anyway.

Who-ever does get into power (it'll more than likely be a hung/balanced parliament) needs to reign the banks in properly, because basically it looks like a thinly disguised pyramid system and the reason for the collapse in the world economy is that there aren't enough on the bottom pier to support it, and still huge bonuses are being promised; from what? Where is the wealth, what is being produced or manufactured & where? Its all paper shuffling ~ I say give these bonuses to the front line army so they can buy themselves proper equipment.

We also need to stand up to the yanks because currently the UK is just a ghost country at the beck & call of the USA, (and brussels, but that's a different arguement entirely) Relationships where there is a more dominant member are usually one-sided and eventually end in bitterness, we are like a battered wife in denial.

Anyway end of rant & back into the box for me.:eek:

Last edited:
Just to lightern the mood….;)

An Israeli doctor said, 'Medicine in my country is so advanced, we can take a kidney out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in six weeks.'

A German doctor said, 'That's nothing! In Germany, we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in four weeks.'

A Russian doctor said, 'In my country medicine is so advanced, we can take half a heart from one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in two weeks.'

The English doctor, not to be outdone, said 'Hah! We can take an **** hole out of Scotland, put him in 10 Downing Street and have half the country looking for work within twenty-four hours!!

Funny but true…….:D

According to the Poll results on this site, electricians are in general a bunch of racists. I myself was a fan of the BNP, but when they changed their criteria on Britishness, I lost all respect for them. Now you must be born here to be considered British. What about English ex-pats ? Are they not British anymore ? What about their children that were born in another country, but still hold British Citizenship ? Are they not real Brits anymore ? But the Asylum Seeker who cannot even speak proper English, whose children were born here, are British.
But if they told the truth, plain and simple, they dont like foreigners ( we all know what that means ) it would not be acceptable to the majority. So they changed their criteria of what it means to be British.
I think you should only be considered British by descent, meaning at least one of your parents must have been British. ( no matter where you were born )
By the way, I am not British myself, not even by descent. ( I was not born here either )
I am one of the hated foreigners, stealing your jobs, not that there is much to steal lately !

But my English is pretty good, dont you think ???

According to the Poll results on this site, electricians are in general a bunch of racists. I myself was a fan of the BNP, but when they changed their criteria on Britishness, I lost all respect for them. Now you must be born here to be considered British. What about English ex-pats ? Are they not British anymore ? What about their children that were born in another country, but still hold British Citizenship ? Are they not real Brits anymore ? But the Asylum Seeker who cannot even speak proper English, whose children were born here, are British.
But if they told the truth, plain and simple, they dont like foreigners ( we all know what that means ) it would not be acceptable to the majority. So they changed their criteria of what it means to be British.
I think you should only be considered British by descent, meaning at least one of your parents must have been British. ( no matter where you were born )
By the way, I am not British myself, not even by descent. ( I was not born here either )
I am one of the hated foreigners, stealing your jobs, not that there is much to steal lately !

same old argument that brits are racists to put the british people first, lol

The poll on here is just a bit of light entertainment .The BNP may be the most popular on here BUT they are

not going to win. I see it as a Reactionary vote . People are P offed and want to vent their feelings

somewhere so they vote or say they are going to vote BNP . Personally I think most people would Baulk at the

site of someone having their head caved in just because they were deemed foreign and likewise people who

supported those views . What do the BNP deem

British. What about the Gurkas who fought for King and country they fought OUR battles on OUR behalf.

I would personally say they can get the same benefits as a British citizen. Whats the BNP view on this.?

Along with all of the politicians your only comment on the BNP is they and anybody who associates with them are racists. With regard to membership criteria you seem a little confused and misinformed

The problem is Labour, since they came to power "Great Britain" and "United Kingdom" have ceased to exist except in name as devolution has split it all up and the biggest invasion without a gunshot being fired has taken place a lot of british people are now fed up being down trodden while johnny foreigner is protected by the rules of our extremely PC government. I really think alot Britains want to get their national identity back instead of this namby pamby nanny state Labour government leading the give away of everything British

I don't have problem with any body from any country working in the UK for a fair wage and installing to the standards expected in the regulations the problem I have is when they come over here produce third rate installations and work for peanuts. As the net result is all the UK workers are fed up having their rates reduced

Stealing jobs is one thing milking our benefit system is another!!

I agree with you 100%. Even though I am not British, if this was my country, I would be extremely upset. Its like anybody and everybody can enter this country like they please. There are so many illegals is unbelievable. Its not only a matter of benefits and jobs, what about the history and culture ?? I myself when to college for 3 years in UK, and damn I will not like it if somebody with no qualifications took my job. You should stand on your rights !! Save Britian !! But to tell the truth, although BNP have a good reason for existence, I dont think they are clever enough to run the show.

It's been in the papers that the English don't celebrate St George's day like the Scots, Welsh and Irish celebrate their patron saints, when they did a survey it was found that English people would felt as they would Racist if they did because of all the political correctness that is going on.

That has been caused by Labour not the BNP.

While the Conseratives are blamed for the demise of the mining industry

Labour are wholely responible for the demise of a British institution namely the Pub never seems to be a day goes by and another one is boarded up

Whoever gets in, prepare for Sterling to tank as the new government try to raise 200 billion on the bond markets at rates of 4 - 4.5% while we have inflation at 4%. In other words, the real rate of return for foreign investors is zero.

The markets will demand higher rates, the debt interest payments will increase (already £3,000 per household per annum by 2011) and we'll be in a spiral that will mean another election and the IMF arriving by Xmas.:)

Im voting for the Icelandic Volcano Party in 5 days they have done more to stop immigration than Labour/Conservative in 50 years:)

Chris

Swapping over from the Petrol thread at the insistence of Mr S

In reply to your Question UNG am I a p.c. social worker what do you think?

Am I pc I wouldn,t say so. Have I a bit of empathy for others Yeah without a doubt .

Isn't Maggie the one who brought in "I'm all right Jack I can do and stand on whoever I like on the way up."

Eff everybody else , As long as I'm alright . Surely its better to treat the afflicted rather than lock them up in

overcrowded facilities just to learn how to become more brutal ? and then release them adjusted back into

society . Or is your view make a mistake and your out ?

I will be voting new labour, safe in the knowledge that if my business ever fails i can put my feet up for 12 months and sit on the dole like every other ****er out there.

It will be interesting on May 7th when we all wake up if the General election result goes the way of the electricians forum poll results!:eek:

just to lightern the mood….;)

an israeli doctor said, 'medicine in my country is so advanced, we can take a kidney out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in six weeks.'

a german doctor said, 'that's nothing! In germany, we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in four weeks.'

a russian doctor said, 'in my country medicine is so advanced, we can take half a heart from one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in two weeks.'

the english doctor, not to be outdone, said 'hah! We can take an **** hole out of scotland, put him in 10 downing street and have half the country looking for work within twenty-four hours!!

funny but true…….:d

:d:d:d

Am I pc I wouldn,t say so. Have I a bit of empathy for others Yeah without a doubt .

Isn't Maggie the one who brought in "I'm all right Jack I can do and stand on whoever I like on the way up."

Eff everybody else , As long as I'm alright . Surely its better to treat the afflicted rather than lock them up in

overcrowded facilities just to learn how to become more brutal ? and then release them adjusted back into

I think the end of your post answers your own question

Problem is with this Labour government it's not one mistake but god no's how many i've lost count.

Reply to General Election May 6th in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock