CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Generator to breaker box 30 amp and 50 amp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey everyone.
I have the stuff to backfeed my generator through a 30amp breaker. I have the lockout kit that prevents both the breaker and main from being on at the same time. My question is this: My generator is strong enough to run a 50 amp and a 30 amp cord at the same time. Can I backfeed them both into the box at the same time? I would like to power all of my house and think it would if this is possible. I am not sure the 30 amp alone will do everything. The generator is 7500 running watts. I'll list my appliances needed to run below.
Navien tankless boiler for heat (2- pumps and three thermostats)
3/4hp water pump (well water)
Small chest freezer
Refrigerator
Double element water heater
Single element water heater
House lights (all led bulbs)

Extras:
Wi-fi, TV, Cable box, microwave, propane stove (electric lock)

Let me know what you think

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
Hey everyone.
I have the stuff to backfeed my generator through a 30amp breaker. I have the lockout kit that prevents both the breaker and main from being on at the same time. My question is this: My generator is strong enough to run a 50 amp and a 30 amp cord at the same time. Can I backfeed them both into the box at the same time? I would like to power all of my house and think it would if this is possible. I am not sure the 30 amp alone will do everything. The generator is 7500 running watts. I'll list my appliances needed to run below.
Navien tankless boiler for heat (2- pumps and three thermostats)
3/4hp water pump (well water)
Small chest freezer
Refrigerator
Double element water heater
Single element water heater
House lights (all led bulbs)

Extras:
Wi-fi, TV, Cable box, microwave, propane stove (electric lock)

Let me know what you think
Derdil13 I can tell you the you generator cannot run your whole house. The water heaters listed, the generator won’t be able to handle what you listed. I have a 10,000 watt generator 7500 running watts and I can’t run my heat, water heater, dryer or stove at the same time so I turn them breakers off. If you do it right and please don’t use a 30 amp and 50 amp cord and try to splice them together because you could get your phases crossed and ruin your generator. Just because you have a 30 and a 50 don’t mean you get 80 amps of power. You have a generator that’s Good for 7500 watts and that all you are going to get. Welcome to the forum and good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I figured it out yesterday. Generator will do just over 62 amps. I'm just going to put in a 50 amp. I had already bought some stuff for a 30 and I dont think I can return them, so I'll have to eat the cost on that.

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
I figured it out yesterday. Generator will do just over 62 amps. I'm just going to put in a 50 amp. I had already bought some stuff for a 30 and I dont think I can return them, so I'll have to eat the cost on that.
Well done my friend and if you ever need any help please come back

Reply to Generator to breaker box 30 amp and 50 amp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom