Discuss Gfci won’t work , wires are hot though. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mrclint

DIY
Reaction score
I need help, I’m trying to install a outside plug so I can charge my boat, I ran all the wire….checked wire outside and it works, once I shocked myself, second I put bare wires on heat gun and it came on. Everytime I wire plug up, I get nothing. I even had a second plug so I swapped them out and same result. I push the test and reset buttons nothing happens. I’m out of ideas can someone give me some pointers, thank you.

There is not enough information here to assist you, and the fact that you have taken some unsafe steps is of concern. If you are not sufficiently familiar with the correct procedure for tracing what appears to be a broken circuit, I would recommend engaging an electrician. Sorry that doesn't sound very helpful but we don't like to play guessing games with power circuits.

Reply to Gfci won’t work , wires are hot though. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello and thank you for your time. In the picture, the 6/3 gauge NMD wire is running though the basement ceiling and out of the house into the...
Replies
Views
I have a small power washer with a two-wire cord and GFCI plug. My outdoor and garage receptacles are on a "house GFCI" circuit, wired in series...
Replies
Views
Replaced our old 240v hot tub with a new one, which also uses 240v for motors, heater, etc, and 120v for low amp LEDs and touch screen control...
Replies
Views
Wiring to new dishwasher causes garbage disposal to stop working. I just installed a GE dishwasher and came across a problem with the...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock