Discuss Good Books in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can't remember what they call it ie the term they use . But always liked that idea where people just leave

books on a park bench for someone to find with the only proviso to leave it somewhere for others to find

when you have finished. Music cd's vinly etc you always need in your collection and go back to them but with

most fiction how many times your favourate maybe 4 (" cider with rosie" ) with this in mind if you have read a

good book its good to pass it on . A sort of karma . So if anyone wants 'His Last Bow " (Sherlock Holmes)

let me know and I will post it to you . with the understanding that everyone else if they are up for it, posts on

a book at their own expense . We are only talking a £1.50 or so

nice idea mate, i will dig one of mine out and am quite happy to post one out to someone.. do we need a waste carriers licence for this like we do with the copper?? don`t tell the council:)

lol phil!

A reccomendation of mine is The Life & Times of Muhammad Ali, awesome book which documents his life from multiple peoples point of view, really good read.

Also that sounds good will have to likewise dig a few out and put a list up!

Can't remember what they call it ie the term they use . But always liked that idea where people just leave

books on a park bench for someone to find with the only proviso to leave it somewhere for others to find

when you have finished. Music cd's vinly etc you always need in your collection and go back to them but with

most fiction how many times your favourate maybe 4 (" cider with rosie" ) with this in mind if you have read a

good book its good to pass it on . A sort of karma . So if anyone wants 'His Last Bow " (Sherlock Holmes)

let me know and I will post it to you . with the understanding that everyone else if they are up for it, posts on

a book at their own expense . We are only talking a £1.50 or so

hey scott

i think thats a great idea mate! and i do the leave it somewhere when ive finished already i do it somewhere public and check if it is still there later never has been so far lol

the damage done - about an australian man in a bankok prison, bit of an eye opener.
kill your friends - it's a cross between trainspotting and american phsyco but set in the music industry, very funny

I might buy this and take it on holiday with me (to Thailand:eek:), that's as long as they sort it out there and the travel advice changes.

'A thousand splendid Suns' is different; its about life in Afghanistan before during and after the Russian occupation leaving a vacuum for the Taliban to fill (If ever a lesson should have been learnt!)

I'm actually reading the bible - I was desperate for something to read one day and thats all that was lying around.
I would seriously NOT recommend it.

a good book that is very interesting is one called ATOMIC- THE FIRST WAR OF PHYSICS AND THE SECRET HISTORY OF THE ATOM BOMB- 1939-49.

it is by JIM BAGGOTT.

very interesting and a real insight into the fear of monopoly and meglomaniacs.

PS you dont have to be a scientist to understand it, it is written in plain english.

john

Last edited:
Notsosmart said:
I might buy this and take it on holiday with me (to Thailand:eek:), that's as long as they sort it out there and the travel advice changes.

'A thousand splendid Suns' is different; its about life in Afghanistan before during and after the Russian occupation leaving a vacuum for the Taliban to fill (If ever a lesson should have been learnt!)

I read a thousand splendid suns when on holiday, found it Lyon around the pool bar and read it within the week, actually quite good.

Would also recommend slash's autobiography, a real eye opener!

Reply to Good Books in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock