Discuss Has anyone tried this cheap-as-chips 1ma clamp meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Country of origin of seller isn't a huge surprise at that price...
I should probably fork out for another TEK775, it's been super right up until the point it vanished. OTOH I do have an amazon voucher to get rid of so might be worth a punt.
Without the clamp meter I had to solve an earth leakage problem last week by ramp testing which of course trips every time so was slow going!

It claims to measure 1ma and is only £29.99. Fair reviews so far.

I've got a TEK775 somewhere which is refusing to be found at the moment...
Have the Tek 775 and this, not tried leakage testing with Beside as I don't believe it has the required resolution

Time for me to fork out for one as well. However think it's time to consider a clamp meter that can measure DC as well. Don't believe the TEK775 does that? Or
does it?

No and I recall someone recently posted details of a reasonably price meter that does - just can't remember who or where.

I'm sure you realise - it looks like it IS a TEK775 in disguise....thanks for the link.

That was my take, but can't be certain.

I had one of those generic meters (TM-EL9809), lasted a year or so before it packed up on me, on the day I needed it. If I was still in this game, I’d be paying for something more reliable.

I had one of those generic meters (TM-EL9809), lasted a year or so before it packed up on me, on the day I needed it. If I was still in this game, I’d be paying for something more reliable.

I'd like to own the Megger DCM305E - ideally something even better that also measured DC leakage. Apart from the fact that Megger products are known to fail like all others, my cheap meter from Farnell is still working perfectly.

If someone wanted a cheap means of measuring AC leakage current, they could do a lot worse than Farnell's £45 meter, but it wouldn't be ideal if they needed a meter with more features.

I'd like to own the Megger DCM305E - ideally something even better that also measured DC leakage. Apart from the fact that Megger products are known to fail like all others, my cheap meter from Farnell is still working perfectly.

If someone wanted a cheap means of measuring AC leakage current, they could do a lot worse than Farnell's £45 meter, but it wouldn't be ideal if they needed a meter with more features.
I understand nothing is perfect; however when my Megger 1730 failed, I retuned it to Megger who repaired it.

Apparently, the TM-EL9809 was not repairable. Perhaps Meggers DCM might be, if it went wibble?

Reply to Has anyone tried this cheap-as-chips 1ma clamp meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net