Discuss Help! Asbestos Fuse Panel Found in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have old home that still has a fuse panel in the basement. However, last week I was trying to find the fuses for the lights and outlets upstairs but couldn't find anything . So I started poking around in the attic and found this:

(Couldn't attach pics said they were too big)

Yuck! An old knob and tube fuse panel covered in asbestos!
My question is are there electricians that can abate the asbestos and not disturb the K&T? Or does the whole thing need to be ripped out and new wiring installed?
I have an electrician giving me a quote on updating the wiring in the whole house but idk if I can afford the probable $15-20k price tag on that.
Or can this panel be isolated and contained somehow?

TL;DR
Asbestos fuse panel-what are my choices?

Reply to Help! Asbestos Fuse Panel Found in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey - so here is a connundrum! I installed a 5-bulb ceiling light (see pic) but when I put the 4w LED bulbs in, they start making a very rapid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views
Hello experts! I ran some 6AWG wiring from my electrical service panel for a 240V outlet in my garage. The builder had provided an empty...
Replies
Views
Hi There, I hope everyone is good :) I'm a newbie on this forum. I need a help for my solar panel study case. Link...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock