Discuss Help Finding Electrical Work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi mate,

I cant remember now it was some months ago when i first looked into it! However i will need to put together some packages for advertising so will need some printing done most certainly. Does your sister have a website or any catalogues of her pricing and products etc?

Hi Guys

I came across this thread while searching Google, it was interesting to read the first post by Dan/Ed in which there were some very valid, tried and tested methods of getting new business but I was amazed to see there was no mention of getting clients online.

These days it’s not enough to put an ad in the Yellow Pages and expect the phone to ring off the hook, you need to have a presence on the web and also need to engage social media to develop a strong marketing strategy.
Recent research by the prestigious BIA/Kelsey Group shows that in the USA (with the UK not far behind) that 97% of all consumers use digital media to shop locally!

The figures below are from Google and show how many people are searching for an Electrician a month online in different towns around the UK.

Location Number of Local Searches
electrician london
domestic electricians
electrician sheffield
electricians belfast
electrician manchester
electricians in leeds
electricians surrey
electricians essex
electricians in nottingham
electrician glasgow

So in today’s marketplace having a website is no longer an option it’s absolutely essential as a major part of your marketing strategy.

But it doesn’t stop there, you also need a social media presence, customers these days want some kind of interaction and as a business you want to be in front of your potential customers.

Having a website, Google Places page and a Facebook Fan page tied together will help you bring in a ton of new business and a lot cheaper than either Yellow pages or Flyers.

I have taken the liberty of putting up a free guide on how to do your Google places for anyone that’s interested. http://www.fastgrowth.co.uk/Adapt or Die.pdf

Kind regards

John
Lead Generation | FastGrowth.co.uk

Great post John, if you want to know what people are searching for in your area use googles keyword tool https://adwords.google.co.uk/select/KeywordToolExternal

Put electrician followed by the name of the city or town where you live and it will give you an idea of how many people are looking for electrical companies in your area. After you've done the search go down the left hand side of the browser and set it to exact match.
You should build your homepage of your website around the most searched keywords you find such as "Manchester Electrician"
Hope this helps some of you guys who are looking to build your own websites, its about using the keywords people are searching in the copy of your site, maybe abit more complex than that but thats it in laymans terms.

Some great tips lads. Like everyone else I am finding it really hard to get work here in Dublin.
This is the first time in my 5 years in business that things are really tough.
I've just set up a website and hopefully that will bring in some work.
One tactic I am going to use is to offer a free inspection of someones house,this wouldn't be a full periodic test but more a visual inspection.
I'm hoping once I can get my foot in the door by offering something for free that I will then hopefully find some faults in these houses to get work out of it.

Good idea Irishsparks anythings worth a try ! Half my family come Dublin ! ballyfermot Avenue, ballyfermot, Dublin nice place buddy.

Hi all,

whats your thoughts on sub contract (labour only) on a price? might have the possibility of a fair bit of work, the contractor wants me to quote off drawings which I am yet to see???

Cheers

Some great tips lads. Like everyone else I am finding it really hard to get work here in Dublin.
This is the first time in my 5 years in business that things are really tough.
I've just set up a website and hopefully that will bring in some work.
One tactic I am going to use is to offer a free inspection of someones house,this wouldn't be a full periodic test but more a visual inspection.
I'm hoping once I can get my foot in the door by offering something for free that I will then hopefully find some faults in these houses to get work out of it.

Hope that tactic works for you as it sounds innovative but i think people may be getting more reliant on leads from credible sources rather than what turns up at the door. Drag leads through your site. Add recommendations on your site so that people in your area get a clear view of your credibility.

Your web site should have a page where you can show photos and reviews from happy customers. Advertise your free inspection here. Get some SEO done. Add words to the page that target your locality like place names e.g. free inspection of your home dublin. Finally, add a phone number and a form to capture email addresses.

Leads that come through that funnel on your site for a free inspection will be already very interested and more likely to convert.

hope that helps.

wow, there's some great advice here, especially the original post from Dan.

One thing that helped us a lot has been to optimise our web site. I know this can seem a little daunting at first but with some simple techniques it isn't too hard to get a good ranking on Google, especially if you only want good results in a particular geographic area. We use 'landing pages' these pages can be optimised for a particular subject area (e.g. you could have several landing pages and on each page expand the content and key words for that topic - ex: on one page talk a lot about one location like Bristol and electricians, and make it interesting - Google will pick up on it - customers will often search using the location and then subject like "bristol eletricians". Having a content page focused on a more defined area, you can also better develop the content towards niche topics.

Once the visitor has landed you can then have links from your landing page directing them to your main site. Landing Pages can also make it easier to track and analyse visitor actions, and then used to adapt the site as required.

There's quite a few good articles on SEO sites about landing pages and with a bit effort can drive customers to you.

Hope that helps.

all i get from yell.com is there sales team trying to get me to pay for a listing rather than the free listing i have with them. i think she just rings me to hear my lovely yorkshire accent lol.

im pants with these things how do you get a free listing with yell i have looked but i cant seem to find out how to do it ?

all i get from yell.com is there sales team trying to get me to pay for a listing rather than the free listing i have with them. i think she just rings me to hear my lovely yorkshire accent lol.

im pants with these things how do you get a free listing with yell i have looked but i cant seem to find out how to do it ?

some good info on here, I am currently self employed working for a company but will sooner or later be setting up my own company and there is some good tips on here

Yell are just a shambles at the moment. Try a company called sole trader websites.. My dad got a website from them earlier this year for just over £100, it brings him loads of work and hes on the first page of google. I goinf to get mine set up with them in the new year.

Reply to Help Finding Electrical Work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock