Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed!! Advice on manufacturer or supplier in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adomakin

Hi all,
am hoping someone can help me out.
I'm carrying out a refurb of a property that has been specified with lots of fittings from a supplier named Macdonald Tait.
The prices are off the scale! I have various product codes and names of fittings etc and have spent a fair amount of time online trying to find someone who can supply the same products for less but to no avail.
I would really appreciate some advice or info as to where I could go for a sensible quote for these fittings, or who the manufacturer is, so I could maybe contact them directly.
I'd even entertain anyone who would like to quote for suplying them?

thanks in advance

Andy

View attachment lighting list priest lane.pdf

From the looks of it they are quite a small company, the likely hood of getting a great discount will be slim as they probably don't have many stockists and wouldn't be able to move on their prices as the profit margins will be tight. Just my opo

Last edited by a moderator:
thx for your reply pennywise, Im really struggling with this.. I can't belive that there are no other suppilers of these lights?! surely they arent made exclusively for macdonald tait?

can you not buy the fittings themselves from them and then source the LED drivers and parts elsewhere ? Got to be cheaper in the long run, I doubt seriously that they make there own LED drivers and leads

Nick

Hi all,
am hoping someone can help me out.
I'm carrying out a refurb of a property that has been specified with lots of fittings from a supplier named Macdonald Tait.
The prices are off the scale! I have various product codes and names of fittings etc and have spent a fair amount of time online trying to find someone who can supply the same products for less but to no avail.
I would really appreciate some advice or info as to where I could go for a sensible quote for these fittings, or who the manufacturer is, so I could maybe contact them directly.
I'd even entertain anyone who would like to quote for suplying them?

thanks in advance

Andy

View attachment 5594

Were you aware of this requirement when you submitted your price? If not surely you should be able to ensure that the "extras" are passed directly back onto the client.

thx for the replies,
Nick,
not sure if i can source the lamp holders direct and then buyleds/ drivers elsewhere. can look into that.

Murdoch,

I missed the 'revised' spec on the lighting scheme and have already signed the contracts drawings.. hence my desperate attempts at trying to get a good price!

pennywise, I'm a builder and so I don't really have a large list of wholesalers. Generally my electricians supply and fit. its nearly always JCC downlights and sector white plastic etc... have learn't a lesson here..

Is it a performance choice regarding the light fittings or aesthetics? could you convince the client to go for an alternative manufacturer because of a technical issue with the chosen supplier light level, non fire rated, extended warranty etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like you may be in the brown stuff if thats the spec and you had it before you priced :(:(

We did a job in edinburgh n the spec was Wandsworth sockets ect gaffer allowed double the MK prices HOW WRONG was he ended up getting the Client to supply sockets ect the lighting was "Client supply " from Ian Brown in edinburgh VVVVVVVV Expensive you may be able to sugest this ??

Reply to Help needed!! Advice on manufacturer or supplier in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock