Discuss HELP NEEDED TOOLS in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all

My great uncle has given me these screw driver heads , but he has lost the handle

Does anyone know what make these are? and what handle I will need to find?

Thanks

Attachments

• HELP NEEDED TOOLS DSC04752.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC04752.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 69
  • HELP NEEDED TOOLS DSC04753.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC04753.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 61
  • HELP NEEDED TOOLS DSC04758.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC04758.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 56
Yep old Stanley Yankee screwdriver bits if I'm not mistaken!
Good old tool from the not so long ago past!
I have a couple of them from my dad!
You can even get an adapter for them to fit normal 1/4inch hex bits in them
Agree

I fondly remember me dad slipping on the heads of flat headed screws and trying to stab himself through the web of skin between the thumb and index finger!
And then me years later trying to do the same thing!
They can be a bit unpredictable when they slip due to the spring mechanism!
Very nice old tool to use though mine are reserved for woodwork these days as cordless stuff has made them pretty much obsolete!
Shame really!

Thanks Guys , I knew you would come up trumps

I guess I know what I will be on the look out for at the next bootsale :)

Worked on a few sites where the Yankee screwdrivers were banned because some people thought is was funny to turn the collar and let it fly out into other people

Reply to HELP NEEDED TOOLS in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock