Discuss Help required please re PRT-E thermostat wiring symbol (difference between models and compatibility) in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rob9701

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all, firstly I’m not in anyway qualified to do any electrical work but was just hoping for a quick piece of help In regard to trying to find a replacement for my non-functioning Uponor PRT-E digital thermostat which controls our underfloor heating. The model in question, the PRT-E is generic to a number of different brands, and I’m struggling to find the identical Uponor model at a reasonable price to replace my current thermostat. I am however able to find an almost identical model, with one exception. The LOAD symbol on the sixth wiring input on the model that i was looking to purchase is different from the left arrow symbol (again sixth input) on my current version (Please see red circled screenshots below). My question being are these essentially the same, and therefore interchangeable and compatible with my existing system, or would i need a direct replacement for the model in the bottom screenshot, for the system to work in that zone. Many thanks in advance! Rob

1) The thermostat that i was looking to purchase.

91354D69-81C0-435F-BF55-32A1B2C9C4C3.png

2) My current (not working) thermostat and wiring below

3ABC0211-F471-4345-83F2-4155F959797D.jpeg

Attachments

• 399E2E1D-C8BA-4AD2-9CE2-E0B7D2B10BFE.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FD734192-CDC4-4B4C-AAF9-8679A2C7169D.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
I would assume you connect it the same although if you have the old instructions you can establish the arrow terminal but I assume that is the outgoing load looking at the sleeved conductors.

i think that the arrow on one and the load on the other are just variants. i.e arrow = load.

I would assume you connect it the same although if you have the old instructions you can establish the arrow terminal but I assume that is the outgoing load looking at the sleeved conductors.

Many thanks for the response Westward, much appreciated. I’ve found the wiring diagram online (below) but don‘t have the original as we only moved in last year, and was pre-wired that way. Incidentally there is nothing in the diagram suggesting that a connection was required to that arrow terminal.

4C54DA41-8AA7-4E65-83DE-72D32355E153.png
[automerge]1587393759[/automerge]
i think that the arrow on one and the load on the other are just variants. i.e arrow = load.
Thank you!

That diagram doesn't show the heating mat for some reason. How sure are you it is the controller at fault and not the floor sensor.

Many thanks for the response Westward, much appreciated. I’ve found the wiring diagram online (below) but don‘t have the original as we only moved in last year, and was pre-wired that way. Incidentally there is nothing in the diagram suggesting that a connection was required to that arrow terminal.

View attachment 57593
[automerge]1587393759[/automerge]

Thank you!
so wher in that is the feed to the load? has to be L from arrow, and N from N. ignoring E for now.

That diagram doesn't show the heating mat for some reason. How sure are you it is the controller at fault and not the floor sensor.
I was able to switch over the controller from a different zone which confirmed it was the back plate that was at fault (the display is working), so on the basis hoping that a similar interchangable controller would resolve the issue.

Reply to Help required please re PRT-E thermostat wiring symbol (difference between models and compatibility) in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net