Discuss Help wiring cooker hood for cafe in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The datasheet gives the physical pinout of the connector, if one is fitted, which would allow you to confirm the functions of the colours. If yours does not have the connector, I think the sequence is as follows (by looking at the matching cable assembly)
1 / white
2 / red
3 / grey
4 / black
N / blue

The datasheet gives the physical pinout of the connector, if one is fitted, which would allow you to confirm the functions of the colours. If yours does not have the connector, I think the sequence is as follows (by looking at the matching cable assembly)
1 / white
2 / red
3 / grey
4 / black
N / blue

Thanks, so when it comes to wiring the switch that’s what’s confusing, where is my twin and earth going and all 6 wires? I can’t get a wiring diagram of the switch anywhere

I think we've sussed the fan - the control switch selects one of four lines for the speed required. What the OP is stuck on now is how to wire a 4-position camswitch for 1P4W.

With the switch being marked 0-3, one speed (e.g. minimum) will have to be unused. It is likely to be something like:

White (speed 1) park in a Wago.
Red (speed 2) to switch terminal 1
Grey (speed 3) to switch terminal 3
Black (speed 4) to switch terminal 5
Blue (N) to incoming supply N.
Switch terminal 2 to incoming supply L
If they are not internally linked, it will be necessary to link terminals 2, 4 & 6 to extend the line to the other two contact sets.

Please check all of this with your meter before connecting up!!

I think we've sussed the fan - the control switch selects one of four lines for the speed required. What the OP is stuck on now is how to wire a 4-position camswitch for 1P4W.

With the switch being marked 0-3, one speed (e.g. minimum) will have to be unused. It is likely to be something like:

If they are not internally linked, it will be necessary to link terminals 2, 4 & 6 to extend the line to the other two contact sets.

Thankyou for your help, you have been very useful to me.

Thankyou for your help, you have been very useful to me.

But check this carefully as I have made some assumptions such as the switch marking conventions. Check that in position 1, only 1-2 is closed, and in position 2, only 3-4 etc. Check that the four lines are in increasing order of resistance to N. Better still, keep looking for the proper MI's.

**I accept no liability for motor damage if there are errors!!**

Apparently the OP's switch only has 0-1-2-3

BTW, if the switch has another pole closed in all positions other than 0, that's for the neutral.

Suggestion of opening the connection cover is due to that being a popular location for wiring diagrams
don't tell that to my consultant.he'll want to open my skull to see how my brain is wired.

And also what about overload protection? imo you need it

As soon as you open the cover it will all become clear..
The numbers on the terminals will correspond with those on the wiring diagram for the selector switch

Last edited:

Reply to Help wiring cooker hood for cafe in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock