Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Help with getting a new job (Trainee) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello all.

I am currently seeking work with a different company as my current employer is using me as cheap labour and I am learning nothing. I find myself not even doing electrical work most days which as you can imagine is very annoying.

Why is it so hard to find a new job?! I have just under a years experience but seems employers don't want to deal with the hassle of training someone up to a good standard?

Please help. Any advice on getting myself in with a new firm would be great.

Thankyou

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Have you had a word with your employer about not learning anything and not doing electrical work?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you had a word with your employer about not learning anything and not doing electrical work?
Yes, they tell me if i don't like it i can leave. They treat everyone badly and don't care as long as the work is getting done.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Doesn't sound like a nice firm to work for.

T

Toneyz

We used to have a training provider that came out to see our progress periodically.

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
Can I ask what she you are? Some employers don't want mature candidates because they actually have to pay them. It's an awful system and sadly this is happening all the time and yet people who don't care or want to learn get great jobs. Don't loose heart keep looking there will be a job out there for you.

Reply to Help with getting a new job (Trainee) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom