Discuss Homemade loop checkbox in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi to all,

This is my first post, I thought I aught to contribute as I often dip in for the wealth of information and interesting debate, please excuse me if this is in the wrong place or already been done.
I had a hour or 2 spare so with a handfull of bits from the van I've put together a checkbox for the earth loop test, I used a 2 gang socket and a PVC box, I cut the galvanised strip that joins the 2 earth terminals together and bridged them with a 1 ohm wirewound resistor (89p from Maplins), I stuck the resistor down with the hot glue gun, I found an IEC socket in the van so used it for convenience, It works a treat, I'm getting exactly 1 ohm difference when I check on both loop and no-trip loop, I hope this is of use to someone. If I did it correctly there should also be a couple of pics below.
IMAG0467.jpg IMAG0470.jpg
Keep up the good work
Cheers

i'm in the process of making a cont/IR checkbox, using resistors from 1 ohm to 10 Megohm. each resistor will bridge across a pair of 4mm brass screws (and nuts) mounted in plastic double blank plate, and the screw heads will be the test points. i'll post a pic. when it's complete.

Reply to Homemade loop checkbox in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Just wondering if anyone can help me out. Is it possible to get 0.03 to 0.09 m amps on a clamp meter on copper water pipes when an appliance...
Replies
Views
After calibration of my loop tester,I am considering using a socket in the house for future calibration checks and to connect various low...
Replies
Views
There are always quite a few threads where the problem is the LED staying on slightly even when switched off and I see that the solution is to fit...
Replies
Views
This has messed my head up so much I’m not sure I can even explain it properly but hopefully someone out there may give me ideas of what to do...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all. First time on the forum, but have enjoyed reading many ofthe threads, thanks. I am looking for some advice on a fault from a TT systemand...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock