Discuss How can they justify the increase in your electricity bill !? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I do think you have a justifiable reason to charge a supplement for the non envisaged unprecedented heating oil price rise, when you originally set your charge's you did not know there was going to be a war, well I didn't, but my wife is clairvoyant, well she always tell me what I want. 🤣

I have no say whatsoever in setting the holiday charges. Any increase would have to be made by the company that I'm under contract to provide accommodation for. They get the bookings, take an outrageous commission and other charges, and pass the remainder on to me.

What's political about the facts ? Electricity in France is cheaper now and has been for decades lol. They are state owned. Like you say always question what you read and hear even if it is what you want to hear just to confirm a preconception.
Price differences are due to many many things.... but being state owned makes things more expensive ! It's down to the highly inefficient way they are run.

Makes me wonder if nationalization of the energy sector would be better, because we just cant keep taking these price rise's.
There is no one single solution... but a range of things that need to be done... like re-opening the Rough gas storage facility, removing the ridiculous 'green' levies, having more nuclear power, make FIT more like 1:1, immediately stopping new builds from having gas boilers, increasing the building regulation standards on insulation, importing more LNG.. etc etc.... Nationalised industries have been proven, time and time again to be highly inefficient.

...the Electricity supplier being a non profit making organisation not having to satisfy its share holders the cost would be held down.
No... it doesn't work that way. 'Non-profit' organistions simply load up the expenses so that they don't show a profit. It's largely a scam. A very frequently used scam, but still a scam.

It is generally accepted that the 'profit motive' is a good thing... in that it encourages efficiencies, similar to competition.

IMO in general with any private sector its all about making money so much money to feed the fat cat salary's and greedy shareholders etc, and they dont want to put anything back into the infrastructure.
With the take up of the electric car, doubt the system will be able to cope because its antiquated due to lack of investment in it.
The unions were crushed by Maggie Thatcher decades ago, yes they got too big for their boots and held the country to ransom, but them days are long gone.

LOL I sound like a leftie but am not just a realist

The unions were crushed by Maggie Thatcher decades ago, yes they got too big for their boots and held the country to ransom, but them days are long gone.

Public sector union representatives are still a powerful force and wield significant influence over one of our largest political parties. That influence isn't often favourable to workers in the private sector.

No... it doesn't work that way. 'Non-profit' organistions simply load up the expenses so that they don't show a profit. It's largely a scam. A very frequently used scam, but still a scam.

It is generally accepted that the 'profit motive' is a good thing... in that it encourages efficiencies, similar to competition.
To be perfectly honest I don't care as long as the price to the consumer is held down to an affordable level, "profit motive" is only a good thing if you are a share holder, its never passed onto the consumer.

In the UK electricity getting expensive. I think installing solar and wind can decrease the prices but the best and cheap if we have dams. A country like India or Pakistan has a lot of potential to produce the electricity through water

Reply to How can they justify the increase in your electricity bill !? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock