Discuss How do I add a subpanel using three 20 amp breakers with 12AWG from the main panel in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Current Situation:

I have three 20amp breakers with 12 AWG in the main panel.
Each wire ends in a 3x2.5” metal box along with one neutral wire.

There are two yellow wires, a black wire and a white wire.

One yellow wire is attached to a 240V outlet and the other is attached to an orange wire and a blue wire. The other end of the orange wire is connected to the other terminal of the switch.

The blue wire is connected to a 120V outlet and also an overhead light.

The black wire is connected to a red wire which ends at an 120 outlet for the water pump

Currently one line provides 120v to two outlets, (with a water pump on one outlet) and a light
The other two lines provide 220V to a water heater

Proposed Changes:

Want to add a sub-panel 26’ from main panel in the lower level of the same building
Prefer the following configuration in the sub-panel:

240V outlet for water heater
240V with on/off switch for water pump
120V outlet that will feed a second outlet and a switched light

Options:

Running new wire is not feasible.
Water pump could be run at 120V.

How do I add a subpanel using three 20 amp breakers with 12AWG from the main panel IMG_9666.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to How do I add a subpanel using three 20 amp breakers with 12AWG from the main panel in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock